“10 out of 10! Awesome :)”
Review of Adventure Forest

Adventure Forest
Ranked #4 of 55 things to do in Whangarei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 12 tree-top challenge courses packed with thrill, fun and action. There are circuits for all ages and abilities, with countless obstacles and of course lots of flying foxes. A 100% safe continuous belay system, unique in New-Zealand, prevents participants to disconnect themselves from the lifelines. Our friendly staff provides safety gear and training to allow participants to go on their own on the courses... TREE-MENDOUS!
Coventry, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“10 out of 10! Awesome :)”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

just amazing! Francois who runs the place welcomed us with a smile and the activity itself was beyond my expectation! Definitely a must do for anyone going North! Hell id even drive the two hours from Auckland to do this again :) me and my friend Tina had the best day there! Its safe, thrilling and based in a spectacular place! Do this activity!
Great value for money also! Thank you Francois! Stevee & Tina

1 Thank Steveedevonda
Francois S, Owner at Adventure Forest, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Stevë, thanks a lot for your feedback... coming from an experienced professional of the zip line sector, it has a great value to me! It was a real pleasure to see you guys having a good go at the obstacles in a way to really challenge your balance. You're welcome back any time, and from next Summer with a new course, even more challenging! I wish Tina had a nice and safe return flight back home.

Dunedin, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I wish I could give this a higher rating”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place is AWESOME. Honestly the most fun I have had in trees since I was a little kid and learned to climb them. It's basically a giant playground in the trees for all ages to enjoy. There are 8 'tracks' that range in difficulties from very simple to extremely awesome. I felt like I was Tarzan for half the time. If you are ever have the opportunity to go here, TAKE IT. You will love it, bring your friends, bring your family. The owners/staff are so nice, and are there if you have any questions whether you are in the trees or on the ground. I can't be more pleased with my time, seriously it's a ridiculous amount of fun.

2 Thank Kimberly M
Dunedin, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adventure is out there!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Adventure Forest is SO MUCH FUN! Definitely worth the 2 hour drive up from Auckland to check it out. The 8 different treetop adventure tracks include ziplines, log swings, and bridges that really test your fear of heights. We (two 21 year old females) conquered all the routes in about 2.5 hours, but definitely could have kept going if the park wasn't closing. We definitely felt like big kids there and wish we could build a similar set up in our backyards! :) You should definitely check it out if you're anywhere near Northland!

1 Thank Maya H
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I can't recommend this adventure enough. I took my three sons (9, and twins of 8). We were welcomed with a smile, and my children were taugh how to keep safe in a very friendly manner. They loved it. My eldest thought he was ok to do a certain level. He got scared 1/2 way through it. I can't thank the staff enough with the help and encouragement they gave him to finish the circuit. I am so very impressed, and the staff also went out of their way to learn people's names (I noted not just with my children). So lovely to have the personal touch. I will certainly be going back. Safe and a very well run business.

Visited May 2014
“Great fun and value for money”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Staff were great, fun course, will go again!
Great value for money compared to other similar experiences in NZ

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction