“amazing Poor Knights.”

Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve
Ranked #7 of 57 things to do in Whangarei
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned diver Jacques-Yves Cousteau rated this reserve, notable for its excellent visibility, as one of the top ten places to dive in the world.
Whangarei, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“amazing Poor Knights.”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We went out on the Perfect Day boat. even though i only snorkelled not scuba it was incredible. I saw so many beautiful plant and fish life. On the way we saw a giant sunfish lolling around. I want to go back definitely.

1 Thank Pamela L

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“what a way to spend a day”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

it was a good day had by all worth the money got some perfect photo's to help me get on my way with my first travel journal around the world so thanks to all that were so helpful to me on that day will be telling people about you and hope your winter is better than a UK one

2 Thank 1sttimeoverseas
Surfers Paradise, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“New experience but average diving”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We went to the Poor Knights dive sites as they are rated some of the best in the world. My husband and I are both professional divers and have worked in Fiji. We were a little disappointed as there was not much marine life around and both dives were just big kelp gardens really. I think we have just been a bit spoilt in Fiji but I would have expected a lot more from a ton ten dive site. It was however a different experience for us and we haven't dived anything like it before but we wont be going back in a hurry.

3 Thank Elmzie
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Stunning”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A totally one off experience , 1st class staff and stunning blue skies and seas. "Manta ray's , Bullers Shearwaters and numerous shoals of fish being shepherded by the boat .The massive sea cave and sea stacks were amazing.All diving equipment provided by "Perfect Days" of Tutukaka, great staff.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank caledonia02
Dale, Pembrokeshire UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“high visual impact”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Noat that warm but what the hell we were kitted out in full wet suits with hoods and well fitted snorkel and flipper gear. we had plenty of time and saw wonderful coloured fish that flicked colour for colour each time they changed direction. sponges, sea squirts, eels, sea anemones, sea horses, clear water and steep islands with natural forest. Impressive caves, deep tunnels, really good snorkelling and for those that could kayaking and diving too. No landings here yet each year Department of Conservation have to go out and remove any annual wind transported, invasive weed seeds that have sprouted.
i liked the way the 3 boats that have permission to be out there anchored so that we all felt like we had a private charter! good experience

Visited January 2013