“Warm diving”

Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve
Ranked #8 of 56 things to do in Whangarei
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned diver Jacques-Yves Cousteau rated this reserve, notable for its excellent visibility, as one of the top ten places to dive in the world.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Visibility was outstanding. I did 2 dives to 30meters. I saw lots of marine life like rays even a turtle.

1  Thank LXW

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We went out on the baot on a lovely calm day and it just seemed so beautiful,crystal clear and you could see fish through the water.The commentary was so interesting as well.Didnt snorkel but others did

1  Thank murjen
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We went out on the Perfect Day boat. even though i only snorkelled not scuba it was incredible. I saw so many beautiful plant and fish life. On the way we saw a giant sunfish lolling around. I want to go back definitely.

1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 6 May 2013

it was a good day had by all worth the money got some perfect photo's to help me get on my way with my first travel journal around the world so thanks to all that were so helpful to me on that day will be telling people about you and hope your winter is better than a UK one

2  Thank 1sttimeoverseas
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We went to the Poor Knights dive sites as they are rated some of the best in the world. My husband and I are both professional divers and have worked in Fiji. We were a little disappointed as there was not much marine life around and both dives were just big kelp gardens really. I think we have just been a bit spoilt in Fiji but I would have expected a lot more from a ton ten dive site. It was however a different experience for us and we haven't dived anything like it before but we wont be going back in a hurry.

3  Thank Elmzie