“Beware:the TripAdvisor map has the wrong location”
Review of Helena Bay Cafe

Helena Bay Cafe
Ranked #18 of 135 Restaurants in Whangarei
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch while taking in the stunning sea views or relax in our conservatory-style indoor area. Try our homemade slices and cakes. Reservations welcome.
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Unfortunately we did not make it there in time for lunch, as the map for the location on Trip Advisor is not correct. This restaurant is not in Whangarei, but outside the city. On your GPS, try putting in Hikurangi.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stopped here on the longish drive from Auckland to Russell and it is a gem of a place. It is run by some very artistic Germans and the art shows in everything they do, from the design of the space, the quality of the food, the water gardens and art gallery.

It is a 'must' place to stop.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had our work Christmas Party here. The drive from Whangarei is well worth it! The food was really good, best ham I have ever tasted. The atmosphere was great and the views beautiful!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Wonderful place, definitely a 'must visit!
The garden was superb, views from the terrace stunning, food delicious and the gallery beautiful with no pressure to make a purchase.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had driven past this place many times when heading away for weekend trips to the beach and always wanted to stop in for a coffee. On one such weekend away my husband and I decided to stop in for a late breakfast/lunch. The views are amazing and the setting is lovely especially combined with the gallery, it's more than a meal it's an experience. I had French toast and my husband had an open chicken sandwich, the meals where ok but nothing amazing which was a little disappointing. The food just didn't live up to an otherwise exceptional experience. I will go back again because its just such a fabulous spot and I enjoy wandering through the gallery, but next time maybe just for a coffee.