“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!”

Shotgun Betty's
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, New Zealand
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Whangarei, New Zealand
“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

It is understandable to have teething problems when you first open a restaurant but this business lacks professionalism and hospitality knowledge. Waitresses are poorly trained, chef's took over an hour to prepare 1 Entree, 1 Main and 1 kids meal. Owner was apologetic however lacked confidence and people skills. Basically the atmosphere vibe you get as soon as you walk in the door gives you the sense to lower your expectations. A shame because the only thing that is well thought out is the menu.

• Visited September 2013

Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
“a long way to go, but I believe it is promising.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

When a tex-mex restaurant opened up in whangarei I was excited. I believed that it was just what the area needed, but it was short lived and closed after a brief run. But then a new establishment opened up in the place where Malba's used to be and the promise of an even bigger and better restaurant had been established.

My partner and visited it on a sunday and had lunch there, and really enjoyed our experience and we found the manager and our waitress to be accommodating, friendly and over all pleasant. although we did experience some teething issues being a new place, but overall we walked away satisfied.

A short-time later we decided to book the restaurant for my brother-in-law's birthday, and it was a rather large reservation. The night unfortunately was filled with issues such as forgetting orders, food somewhat below standard and as a result it really affected the way the restaurant was seen by members of the dinner party.

How-ever I am not willing to write shot-gun betty's off. I truly enjoyed my experience with them. I thought the food was good and I met some great members of staff. I believe that once they work out the "wrinkles" its going to be a great establishment and its most definitely worth visiting.

• Visited September 2013