Cheviot Park Motor Lodge
Lupton Lodge(Whangarei)
US$135
US$131
Hotels.com
Kingswood Manor Motel(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$91
Motel Six(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
Burgundy Rose Motel(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$87
Priceline
Kauri Villas(Whangarei)
US$190
All reviewsmotor lodgeeasy access and parkingswimming poolthree bedroommeet and greetconference roomthe main roadmotel unitsgreeted us warmlyfamily gatheringbedroom housestay there againdecent sizegreat place to staylarge loungenice showerconvenient location
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We booked on the day through the Whangarei information site. We asked for somewhere quiet but the first five places they tried were full so we ended up at the Cheviot Park.

The rooms (we had two), are well designed but very worn and dated. The kitchens and bathrooms were scrupulously clean but looking very tired. Old carpets and vinyl flooring.
However the new white bedlinen helps and the beds were comfortable.

The big problem for us was the traffic noise. I am not particularly sensitive to noise but this was truly horrendous. The motel is situated metres from a dual carriageway which is the main route through Whangarei. It is at a lower level than the road and in the curve of a bend at a traffic light. This means that all night passing trucks rattle the room, stop at the lights, idle and then set off again only a few metres away. It is impossible to keep the window open and closing it is still REALLY noisy. I slept badly and both of my kids were woken and came through to ask what the noise was.

I gather from the guest feedback form that new owners have recently taken over and are planning some improvements. They are certainly very pleasant hosts. Unfortunately unless they plan to soundproof and double glaze all the units on the roadside I can't see how they can resolve this.

If noise is not an issue, then it is a well run and friendly motel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirajax327
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I selected the Cheviot as a lot of hotels in the area were booked out and this was a last minute business trip. I checked reviews on Trip Advisor and they said what I wanted to hear, clean, comfortable and handy to town. We arrived after work on a Wednesday night to a lovely welcome and were quickly ushered to our rooms which were clean, modern and well appointed. Some of the best things about the room were the little touches like the make-up remover in the bathroom and the cotton buds and cotton wool which is really lovely as I had forgotten mine!
The welcome was friendly but understated and it was the same on checkout. I will be putting this motel at the top of the recommended places to stay list for the company as it outshines many of the other options at this price in Whangarei.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2010

This motel is in a very convenient location. Close to CBD and hospital, bus service is available. Under new management. They have several types of accomodation, some small flats and even holiday homes are available.
There is breakfast, order-in meals, a spa , pool, and a very nice laundry. The grounds are roomy and there are not alot of buildings nor neighbors close by.
When I stayed it was always quiet here so we could relax and have a good night's sleep.
There is a BBQ grill so that you can prepare your food, and my flat had a cooker with oven, microwave and fridge. My car park was right outside. My room was not too small, there was plenty of space for my large amount of luggage
Internet and Fax available. Check your e-mail free, but you may have to pay a small fee for longer sessions.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We arrived in Whangarei without any bookings. After checking out 3 other locations it was easy to decide on Cheviot Park Motor lodge. The rooms are functional with the basic amenities, but more importantly they were clean and crisp looking with the white linens on the bed. The owner was very friendly and willing to negotiate her rates.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoCdnabroad
Reviewed 30 July 2007

Great Lodge and wonderful owners!
The room was quite large with kitchenette and large bath.
Exceptionally clean and well appointed. One of our favorite stays during our 5 week drive through New Zealand. Don't hesitate to book a room here!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple