“Degustation menu” 5 of 5 bubbles

a Deco
Ranked #36 of 128 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ruakaka
“Degustation menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have been to A'Deco several times and never been disappointed. It is so right for a special occasion. Alas we live slightly out of town so it requires special transport arrangements if we are to enjoy the wine that goes with each course of the Degustaion menu. Fantastic food and great service always

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Margaret P

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Nice and special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Whangarei. It is more of a formal dining restaurant. The food is always great and nicely presented, the service is impeccable and every time we dine there we always feel good about our dining experience. Top marks a Deco......

• Visited September 2013
New Zealand
“Whangarei's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

With out a doubt a Deco is Whangarei's finest restaurant. Best food, best presentation, best staff.
Occasion dining.

• Visited November 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good experience turned bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I feel I must tell everyone about my experience tonight.
This is our last night in NZ for my wife and myself on our annual visit, we were dining with two NZ friends at A Deco.
The evening was going very well, the food was very good the service was excellent and lots of laughter, although we were being scrutinised the whole evening by the chef and is staff through some round windows looking out of the kitchen.
Although this was a little annoying the service more than made up for it, until the sweet coarse was being served, I noticed that there were four people watching the young waiter serve the sweet myself and another member of the party were havering a sweet that required chocolate sauce to be poured on to it, my wife was having ice cream, she asked if she could have some chocolate sauce on it from the jug , the waiter was duly obliging with this request, only to be stopped by much finger wagging from the older female looking on from the window. I thought this was despicable behaviour intervening into a customers request.
I did not eat my sweet in protest to her despicable behaviour?
She turned the whole evening into a disappointing affair.
But I must say the service and food up to this point was excellent.
Marcus

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marcus641
Sydney
“Best Food we had in NZ but at a price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

As we were staying up the road from the restaurant we decided to try have dinner here and they obligingly fitted us in. We had salmon four ways, snapper, lamb and a wonderful lemon dessert which was a tasting experience like no other. On reflection we should have had their 95 dollar five course tasting menu which is good value as our dinner was almost the same price and the most expensive one we had in two weeks in NZ, so recommend that to prospective dinners. The waiter and waitress were lovely and it was an elegant dining experience.

Visited February 2014