“Comfortable, friendly, 'home away from home'.”

Westway Homestay B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greymouth
Westway Homestay B&B
Ranked #8 of 16 Greymouth B&B and Inns
Christchurch
“Comfortable, friendly, 'home away from home'.”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

This is the fourth time I have brought friends here so you can tell I am impressed by the hospitality and the service! A beautiful scenic ride on the TransAlpine from Christchurch, finished off by a wonderful relaxed stay with John & Wayne is a lovely break away for me as well as a great way to show off another part of New Zealand to different friends that come to visit me. John's knowledge and commentary of the Greymouth area and Wayne's delightful meals and personality are not to be missed or overlooked if you are heading to the West Coast. I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends

Families
New Zealand
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We ( my husband, myself and a friend) had really nice stay with John and Wayne. We had a welcome dinner after a big day exploring the Blowholes (nearby) and the Seal Colony (a little further) . Greymouth is only 10 mins away but we didn't want to be in a town. The house has quite a history and is very interesting. The beds were comfortable, warm and cosy. The highlight for me was the garden exploration and the walk through the tunnel. The chickens were neat too. Pity they don't have a rooster I would have liked to hear them crow. I know my husband enjoyed the history and stories. I would definately recommend a stay, and would definately return. Thanks for a nice break.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allforonenoneforall
in Sydney
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Westway Lodge Homestay is an extremely comfortable, interesting and relaxing place to stay (with it's own tunnel on site from coal mining days complete with glow worms, cave wetas, stream and waterfall !!). John is more than happy to relate the fascinating history of the Greymouth/Coast area and recommend places to visit. For nature lovers there are plenty of beautiful bushwalks, beaches, fresh air and quiet areas to enjoy. For those who would prefer to relax with a good book, Westway is like being in your own place with the added bonus of Wayne's great home cooking.
Although not large, the rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable. And no need to worry about a West Coast winter (when I was there), the house and rooms are toasty warm.
Westway would suit couples, solo travellers and family groups. The boys' hospitality is renowned in the area and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did. Although a little off the main route, it is close to Greymouth and all the tourist sites of this part of the West Coast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo