“Not tourist friendly.”

Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Greymouth
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pouring great ales and serving good wholesome food everyday from 12.00pm.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The bar man ignored us at the bar for 5 min (hoping we would go away) then his mate walked in and he tried to serve him with a smile. His mate then said they were first and he stared at us like we were scum without saying a word. I was so shocked I ordered a lemonade... he filled a glass with ice didn't even full it with lemonade and handed it to us with his fingers all over the rim... Charged us without any conversation outside of $5.5 and then turned pleasantly to his friend and chatted. Worst service ever? Yep. Pity as we were going for a big meal and drinks for the two of us.

3  Thank mrwaller

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had dinner here on a quick trip to Greymouth, and it was great. Beautiful food and wine that I have come to expect of NZ, very friendly and chatty staff, and a really great atmosphere. A great, relaxing meal (not overpriced) in a stunning building.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stopped here to grab dinner when we arrived in Greymouth. The restaurant was fairly quiet at 6:30 but the staff were very friendly. The menu was quite large and the food came out quick and was pretty good. The portions were right for the price and my husband enjoyed their Speight's Ale.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived early and were greeted by the happy receptionist. Seated beside the fire. Lovely ambience. Service was great and the waiting staff were incredibly attentive. We ordered seafood chowder and mussels for the entree's. My mussel plate was huge and I was scared if I ate them all I wouldnt be able to eat the main. Both entrees were delicious. Our mains. Small lamb shanks (by no means small!) and Venison Pie were mouthwatering and HUGE. We didnt think we would be able to squeeze in dessert...but we did LMAO. Lemon Merangue and Peach and Passionfruit cheesecake. We literally had to roll out of our seats. Thankfully we walked there and could walk off a calorie or two.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Tuesday night. Place was fairly empty. Food was good plenty to choose from. Reasonable prices for what you get. Only quarm was lack of ambiance maybe could have used some background music. Stunning building that it is in. Food came out quickly. 7/10