“Cafe delivers Deco flair and delicious fare”
Review of Freddys cafe

Freddys cafe
Ranked #22 of 38 Restaurants in Greymouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely lunch in busy cafe, locals have discovered this light and bright deco cafe, with a lovely selection of cabinet food, coffee and soups/ light meals.

Tables were full , service kept up to speed, nice lunch. We will be back.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The breakfast was great. Variety and plenty of it. The coffee was great too. Good view over the main street could see what was going on.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We wanted a nice meal before catching the train and came across this little gem. Not well signposted for travellers but a walk up the stairs and we were in an art deco cafe. Good selection of counter food as well as cooked lunches - the pancake stack was too big for me but I did enjoy it.
The staff very friendly and the lcaotion great. Try and get a seat by the window and look down on the people walking by

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

After wandering through greymouth looking for somewhere to have brekkie we stumbled on a sign for freddys and thought we'd go check it out. Hidden above a couple of shops on the main street it's art deco theme and menu invited us to try it out. We had eggs bennedict one with bacon and one with salmon eggs were poached to perfection, had a side of their creamy mushrooms which were fantastic. Would recommend to anyone to check it out, will be back next time we are in greymouth.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I really like what they have done to the old "FRANKS" but I was disappointed I'm my mocha... I like a nice coffee/choc taste and it looked like a latte with a swirl of choc sauce around the glass.. Didn't try any if the cabinet food as there was no prices... But it's lovely to sit up and look down onto the busy street below!