“Great Experience”

Paroa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Greymouth
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am a West Coaster and was returning home on a bit of a spiritual journey. I chose to stay at the Paroa pub on the recommendation of a family member but also to experience great West Coast hospitality delivered by great West Coasters. We were not disappointed. My husband and I stayed in a studio unit which was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. We had dinner in the dining room twice, and although the meals were slow in coming (it was soooo busy) they were worth the wait. We were relaxed, in holiday mode and enjoyed soaking up the atmosphere. I Would suggest if you were eating in to get into the dining room early, especially if you have children with you. One of the highlights for me was the privilege of meeting Bernie Monk and his lovely wife Kath, Thank you mine hosts it was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
echuca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We 5 arrived late at 8pm and were surprised at how many cars were in the park. All seemed to be there for the beautiful and generous meals. We were booked into the 3 bedroom house which was very modern and clean. The Monk's were great hosts and constantly checked if all was ok. We would definitely stay there again if visiting the west coast.

Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had the pleasure of visiting the Paroa Hotel for a private function recently and was blown away by the hospitality. We were made to feel so welcome and absolutely nothing was a problem.
I was totally impressed with the quality of the food - Nigella Lawason eat your heart out.
Thank you so much for making my visit so memorable - absolutely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recently was in Greymouth and had the pleasure of staying at the Paroa Hotel for a weekend. I have nothing but good things to say about this establishment and the service received. The rooms were clean and tidy and the restaurant was warm and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner and the food was outstanding. Wonderful desserts! The staff were very friendly and the beer was poured with expert precision.
I had this Hotel recomended to me by a close friend and I will have no hesitation in recomending to friends, family and work colleagues.
I had a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back have a great view of the cricket pitch.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I recently had business in Greymouth for a couple days. I took my family with me so they could have a bit of time off while I was working. Alan Monk was the first person we met and he was amazing! he was very accommodating and made us feel very welcome. He advised us on things that the family could do while I was working and also pulled a glorious pint for when I was finished work. I tried a few pints and they were all equally good.

Food is fantastic also. get the ribs!

We are looking at coming back to stay when we go on a family holiday.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Invercargill, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Fantastic place to stay, the hotel is run by a family who are more than helpful with anything needed. The restaurant has fantastic meals which are great value for money. Would definately recommend this hotel as a great place to stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank kate l
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Motel was clean, however very, very dated. The pillows were uncomfortable, felt like your head was on a brick and beds were extremely worn and uncomfortable. There was no direct access to the beach. Even though they told us there was. The meal was OK, however I had to move as I was sitting looking at the bar. This was when the manager decided to floss his teeth - very unprofessional. It was disgusting to watch so I moved facing the wall. Will not be back. This motel unit was totally over-priced for what we received. We travel extensively and this was the worst value for money ever.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greymouth
Gables Motor Lodge
Beachfront Hotel Hokitika
Coleraine
Coleraine
#2 of 20 in Greymouth

Been to Paroa Hotel? Share your experiences!