“One of my highlights of NZ”
Review of Bonz 'N Stonz

Bonz 'N Stonz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of my highlights of NZ”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've been to see Steve to do carving three times now during my year in NZ and each experience was different but very enjoyable. Steve and Dan are friendly and helpful, taking you through the whole process. Steve charges reasonably for the finished piece but when put together with the time and help given it's definitely value for money. This is a must-do day activity!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tanvi86

Wellington, New Zealand
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyed this experience”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Although I'm absolutely not creative and have only very limited skills when it comes to craftwork I decided to create a special birthday present for my best friend and I really enjoyed my time at Bonz 'n' Stonz. You don't pay much more than for an "impersonal" pendant and are rewarded with a memory that might not be perfect but definitely unique.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kerstin D
Heidelberg, Germany
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A very special experience”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

For me, it was an extraordinary experience to see a piece of greenstone slowly take form in my hands. Under the expert guidance from Steve, I designed and carved my very own piece of Pounamu (New Zealand greenstone), with patient advice for every step and a helping hand when necessary. Not only do you get a very memorable experience, but you also get to create and take home a piece of greenstone you will treasure much more than any of the ones you can buy at a shop (lots of which are made in China, anyways), and at 150 NZD it is about as expensive as a lot of the New Zealand made greenstone pendants in the shops.

The atmosphere in the atelier was very welcoming, and everyone was very nice and friendly. Of course, the piece I carved is not perfect, since I am not a master carver and I was I fact a complete novice at carving, but I love it all the more for its little imperfections. Truly a unique experience that resulted in an equally unique memento to take home.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Julie A
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A great teacher!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The day I was there, Steve helped a range of students from a 13 year- old experienced carver to a 60-something novice create something beautiful in greenstone that they'd designed themselves. It was a magical experience!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank mjdrex
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“One of the highlights of our trip to New Zealand South Island.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I went to New Zealand for our 15th Anniversary. We visited Bonz and Stonz to create a memorable treasure.
Steve helped us create a work of art symbolizing our love, using New Zealand products and symbols.
Definitely a day to remember!

Visited February 2014