“Great hearty breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Hokitika
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

There is nothing like a good hearty breakfast to start the day and why mess with the traditional. Stumpers gave us all the trimmings with none of the fancy frills. Just what you would expect from a good West Coast Café.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We visited on a very busy Tuesday during school holidays and got the last available table. Service was friendly and good, food was really lovely. Can recommend.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Even though the restaurant was booked out they still made an effort to fit 5 of us in for a meal. I order the fillet steak with mushroom sauce,Yorkshire pudding and cheese, mashed potatoes and salad. Has to be one of the best cooked steaks I have had. The blue cod is value for money to. In fact all our meals were of high standard. I will be back.

1  Thank Vicki197
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed in town for night and was recommended this place buy the bus driver. Had an awesome fillet steak with very friendly service. Stayed around after to watch the England v AB test. Didn't wear my England shirt though... felt sorry for the guy who did!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had seafood chowder it was very good. I also had coffee, it was good. I didn't like the cake from the cabinet it was very dry.