“Delicious and fresh” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hislops Wholefood Cafe
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups, New Zealand
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
paris
“Delicious and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stopped for lunch after hiking the peninsula walkway which made for a great appetite, and we were so happy to find this little oasis! The wines were great, I had the green mussels which were delicious, my husband had the steak, everything was delicious! Our waitress said she didn't drink and was vegan so couldn't help with recommendations, but we liked everything we picked. I definitely recommend and will go back if we're ever in the neighborhood!

• Visited February 2013

Sammo50
“Only can speak for coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great coffee! We did not eat so I can not say how the food was but the coffee was more ish! As a long black drinker, no sugar, I am quite picky about my coffee and this passed the test!

• Visited March 2013
Pontevedra, Spain
“friendly service, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Our fish portion was big but to my taste it was too oily. The guys where friendly but the place is just ok.

Shanghai
“Food a disappointment; Service friendly enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Went for the fish of the day. The fish itself was quite nice. At least I think so, as it was drowned in oil. I'm not a gourmet but hot fish on top of ice cold potato doesn't taste that great. The long black was good served with hot water. People and service was friendly.

• Visited March 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Not cheap but you are getting excellent quality wholefood which is not always common in these parts. The bread is outstanding, of course, and I particularly enjoyed the chowder. We enjoyed our dinner so much we went on the following evening too and my wife had nothing but praise for the desserts she tucked into.

Pleasant young staff were very helpful and I can certainly recommend this to anyone who wants to escape run-of-the-mill restaurant fare.

• Visited February 2013