“Very good”
Review of Tuti's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tuti's Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$12 - US$44
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated new build restaurant with a comfortable and attractive interior. One of provincial New Zealand's best equipped and hygienic kitchens serving the freshest of local seafood's and local farm produce to a consistently high standard. All fish served in this restaurant is purchased direct from the fishermen and filleted in house, with preference given to line caught fish.
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and menu selection. Nothing fancy, pretty straight forward but done very well. Meat + starch + veges. I had the grouper/ fish of the day, mashed potatoes, and veges and it was cooked excellent. Wife had the salmon and same sides but salmon came with a curry sauce. Was very nice as well. Drinks are priced reasonably. Friendly service.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here with my husband and 17 month old. Fine dining but very child friendly too - high chair, kids menu if you want it (actually nice food not just hamburger or fish n chips).

Food was delicious. Squid starter - delicious. Salad - great. Lamb shank - would order again, moist, well seasoned, nice presentation. Nice wine selection. Dessert was very good - pudding.

Service was very friendly and accommodating. Only critique - and it's knit picking - it would be nice if the servers could give elaboration on menu items. We asked questions on a couple of menu items (ie what is the rich sauce like? Tell me more about the pudding dessert?) and our very sweet server could not share more than "it's really good". We're from quite a foodie city, so expectations of food knowledge are probably too high. Overall, experience was fabulous. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.

1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was looking foe some good New Zealand lamb. My wife and I ended up at Tuti's. My wife had the fish special and loved it. My lamb shank was fall of the bone delicious. Service was very good and the staff was pleasant. If I lived in the area, this place would be a regular. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner with my wife here tonight. While the menu is not extensive, the amount of selection was sufficient. I had the groper which was the fish of the day. The portion was maassive! I had expected the fish to be much smaller. The fish was pan fried perfectly without it being dry.

My wife had the lamb shank. It was juicy and the sauce was tasty.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Tried this restaurant based on trip advisor rating. Not a huge choice on the menu. We had a boneless chicken green curry and a satay chicken. Both were very good and would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Have a look at the menu online and make sure there are choices to suit your taste first. Very nice service here too.