“Unique tastes”

Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Price range: US$14 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Black Rabbit Pizza Co is a small, family owned artisan pizza restaurant located in Kaikoura, NZ. We have recently completed renovations and are now fully licensed, serving some of NZ's finest craft beer and wines.
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic thin base and a truly interesting set of topping choices. Quality take away pizza experience. Enough said. !

lfolk, Owner at Black Rabbit Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We are definitely proud of our tasty pizza base, glad you second that!
Thanks for the review :)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Whenever I'm in Kaikoura I stop at Black Rabbit Pizza. It's on the main road but is not highly visible. I've never been disappointed and I've tried most of the pizzas on the menu. It's a small takeaway that only has a few tables inside. The attraction is the food. I like my meals on the adventurous side and I can satisfy that here. Chapeau to the chef!

1  Thank 63,781,264,873,624,861

It's always a pleasure to see return customers!
We appreciate your review and great custom, thank you so much :)

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The pizza is so incredible! The menu has such original pizzas and the salad was to die for!

The service was very friendly and quick

I wish I could eat here everyday!

Keep up the great work guys. You really have something great

1  Thank Mallorie M

Thank you so much for your great review!
We wish you would eat here everyday!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Little hard to find - it's not a restaurant and is tucked in next to the Corriander Indian and we managed to drive passed twice!!!
It was worth the search though as the pizza choice was a little unusual and delicious.
Highly recommended.

We're really glad that though you drove past us twice you kept looking and found us! We are a little bit hidden, which adds to the excitement of our pizzas! Glad you enjoyed them and thanks for the review :)

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I ordered a large blue pear for takeaway and as it was thin crust it was just the right amount of food for a grown human who had hiked all day. Perhaps a side salad wouldn't have gone amiss. The pie was delicious. I'd recommend this as a takeaway joint as the restaurant consisted of only 3-4 tables and didn't have much atmosphere. I think they should expand and open another resto with a waterfront patio to get the punters coming (it felt slightly quiet here- wake up Kaikoura!!). Cheers mates!

lfolk, Owner at Black Rabbit Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your blue pear, it is super tasty! We have taken on board your advice for a better location, though that may not be as easy as we hope we do have some exciting things in the works for the Black Rabbit!