“Great pizza”

Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Price range: US$14 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Black Rabbit Pizza Co is a small, family owned artisan pizza restaurant located in Kaikoura, NZ. We have recently completed renovations and are now fully licensed, serving some of NZ's finest craft beer and wines.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Eating there is a rustic experience, but they do takeaways and deliver too. Pizza is first class and they have some very interesting toppings.

1  Thank NearbyCactus
lfolk, Owner at Black Rabbit Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Glad you enjoyed our pizzas, thank you for the review :)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Best pizza, best people, and, the only delivery! During my 6 months in Kaikoura, I ordered there about once a week. At first, i was very happy with the margarita pizza and the wedges, until I got introduced to the Hens r Nuts chutney pizza! YUM !

So if you're in Kaikoura, go dolphin swimming, and then make sure you stop at Black Rabbit, or give them a call for a delivery :)

Thanks a lot guys for all the great comfort food moments at the Albatross :)
All the best from Montreal, miss you already :)

Annie

1  Thank Anniebedandbreakfast

Annie!
Thank you so much for leaving a review, it was our pleasure making your dinner once a week and we always looked forward to your call!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was sooo thankful to have found this place and discovered they have gluten-free crusts. They were out of the large that eveing, but if I recall correctly two smalls were plenty to take and have leftovers for lunch the next day. Great pizza, fun staff! Check it out!

HI Jamie,
In this day and age gluten free crusts are a necessity if you ask me!
They are one of the only things we buy in so we can accommodate everyone, glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We travel to New Zealand every couple of years and always try to get to Kaikoura. One of the main reasons for that is The Black Rabbit. The quality has remained absolutely top notch over the years and it is always a pleasure to get the best pizza ever! The pasta is also totally delicious so it's always a struggle to decide what to get, my advice is to stay in town a while and try everything, you won't be disappointed. My hubby has been crying over the fact that we can't get anything like this in the UK and is now completely addicted to the combination of blue cheese and pear. Now counting down the days until our next visit!

2  Thank fluffybundle

Thank you!
We are so thrilled that we're such a big part of your travel!
Look forward to seeing you again next time :)

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Pizzas ok could do with a lot more on them, would need probably four to fill our family of four. Staff smoking outside not a good look, nice little place tho and friendly staff

lfolk, Owner at Black Rabbit Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi Amy,

I'm disappointed to see your review of our pizzas. We are an artisan pizza shop, not dominoes, and we take great care in each pizza we make and feel as though they have the perfect amount of toppings. I do remember your family and know that you asked for us to remove certain toppings off your pizza, obviously there will be less on them if you ask for a topping to be removed.

We do keep the size of the pizzas right at the till for everyone to see and it is really up to you to know how much food your family needs to fill them up, not ours.

I fully agree with you about the smoking, our staff are not meant to smoke in front of the shop and I do apologise for that.

I hope you will reconsider us and maybe order a garlic bread next time to fill that extra gap.

Thank you.