“Great eggs Benedict!”
Review of Cafe Encounter

Cafe Encounter
Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe open 0700 to 1700 does breakfasts, lunches afternoon teas. Phone 033196777
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great eggs Benedict!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Cafe opens at 7.30am and is less than 2 mins walk from the Waves apartments which makes it very convenient if you are staying there. I really enjoyed my cooked breakfast (Eggs Benedict) but thought their coffee was a bit inferior.

Visited April 2014
Cafe-Encounter1, Front Office Manager at Cafe Encounter, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we always welcome feedback from our guests. We're delighted to read that you enjoyed your eggs benedict, and at the same time very sorry to read that you enjoyed your coffee less so.

We have a great team of baristas who take a lot of pride in making great coffee and it's unusual for us to receive feedback like this about our coffee, so we take it very seriously. I can assure you that our Café Team Leader will bring your review to the team's attention who will continue to work hard to ensure consistency of quality.

It is such a shame you didn't bring this to our attention on the day, we would have been more than happy to both refund and replace your coffee! Should you drop by Encounter Kaikoura again, for another eggs benedict perhaps :-), do make yourself known to me and I will ensure you receive a complimentary coffee which will hopefully mean you enjoy your breakfast with us in it's entirety! :-)

Best regards, Helene

• Korean first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great location and wonderful food. Highly recommended for breakfast or lunch. Service was fast and efficient too.

Visited April 2014
NZ
“Interesting place, lovely view but such a tiny portion!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had lunch at Café Encounter last week on the way home from Christchurch and although the meals were delicious, I thought the small portion of salmon (about an inch wide) I ordered was disappointing. It really was more entre size than a lunch portion. It came with a little potato bake on the side and some beans - very tasty, but not enough to satisfy. My husband had a Moroccan meatball open sandwich, a generous size and he enjoyed it. I know salmon is expensive, but this was priced comparably to other salmon lunch dishes I have had at other cafes and restaurants.
The coffee and muffins we had afterwards were very nice.

• Visited March 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Breakfast....yum!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had the most amazing breakfast. Yummy Cheese omelette is totally recommended! followed by the best latte bowl!!! Puts someone like me who has an appetite for breakfast absolutely in the morning gear! :D

• Visited January 2014
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I liked this place, where we went for breakfast because the restaurant for our hotel was closed for fire. Seagulls to watch out for! But entertaining :)

Visited February 2014