“Great place to dive!”
Review of Dive Kaikoura

Dive Kaikoura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Kaikoura coastline is abundant with sea life which makes diving with us an unforgettable experience. As a 5 Star PADI Dive Centre our professional team will provide you with a safe and fun environment to learn to dive, go on guided tours and fulfil all your diving needs with equipment sales, rental and servicing.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great people and staff with lots of experience. The gear there was maintained and new and the price wasnt that expensive. If you are a diver hop in there and check it out... There's nothing like a dive to calm you down..

1  Thank Ehud J

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My first dive in New Zealand and had a wonderful dive. The staff at Dive Kaikoura are just great, from the first time I made contact with them right though to the end they just could not do enough. It's great that they explain that diving in Kaikoura is a totally different and unique experience so very different to the tropical dives I have done, but now I am hooked. These guys just want to make your experience a fun, safe and exciting one. A big thank you to Nigel who was great he looked after me on our dive he took it slow and steady he even took some photos so I can relive the experience again and again. You guys rock and I cannot wait to get back in the water with you again soon. Keep up the good work

2  Thank Char N
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Recently completed a couple of dive specialties with Nigel and the team at Dive Kaikoura and it was absolutely brilliant! The standard of instruction and instructor enthusiasm is incredibly high with a strong focus on the skills being learnt as well as recapping skills from previous dive courses. If you want to learn how to dive, learn new skills or improve the skills that you already have then Dive Kaikoura is the place to go.
On the diving side, Kaikoura is incredible compared to the places I've dived in Asia in both what I saw and how much I was challenged by the environment. Visibility ranged from 2-8 meters which enhanced diving through the regenerating kelp forests as you were never sure what sort of landscape you'd find yourself in from one moment to the next or the creatures living in them. In addition, Recent storms had scoured the sea bed and throughout the dives we managed to find whaling artifacts from ~150 years ago including old anchors, wheels, cogs and whale bones. It was absolutely incredible and combined with having dolphins and seals swimming around the boat. I doubt I'll have a better set of dives for a very long time.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am a newly certifiied diver, and this was my first sea/ocean dive. The visibility was not great, but after some discussion, we opted to move forward with the dive. Turned out that I was the only diver to accompany the Dive Master, Ally. She knew I was relatively new (and nervous!) and did a great job throughout the dive checking to make sure I was feeling confident and pointing out some of the special things that make the Kaikoura area interesting underwater. Kelly in the dive shop was fantastic as well during our dive prep and follow up.

2  Thank Dawn H