“Basic Thai”

Thai Siam Kaikoura
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are focused on serving Fresh and Delicious Thai Cuisine offering a range of dishes from all regions of Thailand. We offer an Extensive menu along with Great service and in comfortable and modern surroundings.
Sydney, Australia
“Basic Thai”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

In a small town, one does not have much choice for Thai food. Thai Siam has lots on the menu, but the food is pretty basic. Don't get your hopes up.

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Wilmington
“My Kind of Thai”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ordered a crayfish dish as take away and took back to our room. Delicious meal, prepared quickly, and reasonably priced.

Visited March 2014
Melbourne australia
“Superb Thai”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The pork ribs were beautifully spicy and beef red curry and combination fried rice also superb. One of the best Thai that we have had for ages.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rhonda F
Guntersville, Alabama
“Good asian food”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was the first Thai restaurant we tried in New Zealand and did not disappoint us. As we visited in the off season, we had no problems with service delay. The prices are reasonable and there is a good selection of oriental dishes (not only thai), to taste. If you are in Kaikoura and like Thai cuisine worth checking out.

• Visited March 2014
Egham
“Lovely food, terrible service”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is not a posh Thai restaurant, but a standard one, not a brilliant ambience, only one other table occupied but we left it too late and only this was open. The food was good, we had ribs, tempura prawns then I had Gaeng Penang and Pad Thai. I can't fault the quality of the food.
My husband does not like hot food so we struggled with the menu a bit. So I ordered the Gaeng Penang for me, the Garlic Chicken for my husband and we would share the Pad Thai. I said I would have that instead of rice. When the main courses arrived, mine came plus the Pad Thai plus rice which I thought maybe came automatically. No Garlic Chicken. We questioned this but he said he hadn't ordered it, so he said he could get it done in 2 minutes. After 15 minutes it still hadn't come, so as we had virtually finished the rest we tried to cancel it. He said he hadn't put it through but could do it now if we wanted. We said no. Then the bill came and I had been charged for the rice that I hadn't ordered. When we went to leave the big gate to the road had been padlocked and we had to ask to leave. Maybe they should call it Bangkok Hilton!

Visited March 2014