“Chill time”

Kaikoura Llama Trekking
Ranked #9 of 28 Tours in Kaikoura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Animal lovers enjoy spending time with our majestic Llama. They are fascinating animals to spend time with. Wonderfully intelligent, but with a shrewd cleverness. We offer two lengths of trek: 1 hour or half-day: HALF-DAY TREK (most popular) - Kaikoura Bay beach walk - FIVE tours in one - free entry to Fyffe House Museum, visit seal colony, free drink and cake, free entry to Kaikoura Farm Park. ONE-HOUR TASTER TREK - to the nearest river with abundant wildlife and preserved native woodland.
Christchurch, New Zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Chill time”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I was not too keen on Llamas before my trek but now I love them.
I took Sylvester for a walk (or he took me) and it was a lovely relaxing time. Llamas are such gentle, chilled out animals.
I recommend the trek to everyone.

Ipoh, Malaysia
“Valuable moment with Llama”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Joined for llama trekking is my precious memory in Kaikoura. My llama, Smokey is a bit naughty yet cute. The host shared her knowledge of llama with us during the trek. We had a good time with the farm. You must have a llama trekking when visiting Kaikoura^^

Christchurch, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tranquil yet interesting! A must do list in Kaikoura.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Llama trekking experience was superb and awesome for me! All the llamas is well trained, im pretty sure you will definately enjoy the time with them which i think is way not enough for me. They are energetic and adorable. Along the spectacular view is the bonus of it. Futhermore, the farm park is an ideal place for animal lover. We can get in touch with animals without the cage. Yes, is zero distance with them! You can also join the feeding as well if you interested. Well Done and would recommend to others as well.

Beijing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable experience for animal lovers”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a wonderful Llama Trek this afternoon. The farm park is also very interesting to visit. We saw tuekey, goose, sheep, pig, pony, donkey alpacas and many llamas. The animal are friendly and adorable. The host family are very friendly as well.

Invercargill, New Zealand
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent Option in Kaikoura!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We loved our lama experience!

We were not able to make it up to Kaikoura during the summer and our Winter visit needed some planning. We only had one day and out of all the options I was having a hard time planning our visit. My wife's sister and her boyfriend had chosen to swim with the seals during the summer months, and while this seemed awesome, I did not want to explore this choice for the Winter time.

Then I saw Lama Trekking. My wife and I love animals and she has been spending time visiting alpacas and sheep in this area. Choosing the lama trek was a spectacularly good choice! Our guide was full of knowledgable information on lamas, which we found to be amazingly helpful and fun. Our lamas, Legend and Pete, were well behaved, fun to talk with and pet, and had a blast walking through Kaikoura with us trying to eat everything they saw!

The half day trek option we chose included a delicious cake/coffee picnic at the Fyffe House (which was also a great museum to stop by - price included in the fee). We really enjoyed our time with the lamas and have some great pics!

Visited June 2014