“Great food and service- must try!”

Green Dolphin Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Price range: US$10 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Singapore
“Great food and service- must try!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ordered lamb and steak, both beautifully done. Must try their home made apple strudel, andthat coming from someone who normally doesnt particularly like apple strudels

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food with an amazing ambience!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had half of a crayfish & it was awesome! Chose it to be baked & lying on a bed of sautéed vegetables with a bowl of salad; it was indeed one of the freshest crayfish I had ever had. Nicely done with no frills, I love it! Then had the chocolate fondant as dessert & it really ended the dinner in a sweet note, along with a cup of hot chocolate that perfectly fits in winter! Heartwarming staff made my dinner experience all the more sweeter. Definitely returning here when I'm in Kaikoura again! Cheers!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Melissa T
London, United Kingdom
“Saved the day - thank you!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a miserable day in Kaikoura - rained hard from the moment we arrived, the motel we had booked was the worst we saw in our 6 weeks in NZ, prospects for whale watching the next day were not good (turned out at trips were cancelled), and we had no cooking facilities in our room.

Driving along we spotted the Green Dolphin through the rain. Could we have a table this evening please? Pretty fully booked, but we could fit you in at 6pm - and yes, we can cater for your complicated dietary requirements.

So we gave it a go. And thank goodness we did, for it was one of the highlights of our NZ holiday! The people were super-friendly and helpful. We were given a table by the window, so what view there was we were able to enjoy. The restaurant soon filled up, so we guessed it was popular with locals as well as tourists.

The food was just wonderful. I had whatever the fish of the day was - and I wish I could remember its name because it was so tasty and well-cooked. The service was equally brilliant.

Thank you to all at the Green Dolphin! You rescued what was in all other respects a pretty disastrous experience of Kaikoura - and if we ever return then we'll be booking a table well in advance!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank randrnz
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal, fantastic service, great location!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a lovely dinner at the Green Dolphin. Every time I've eaten here it's been wonderful! The food is fantastic and fresh and the staff are all lovely and very helpful. Definitely recommend this restaurant. The desserts are especially scrummy!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Amy M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Food, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I liked this restaurant so much that I ate all my dinners here! Fantastic food - had the fish and also the crayfish. Both delicious beyond words. The staff are exceptional and very welcoming. My favourite eatery in all of Kaikoura!

Visited May 2014