“Pleasant enough dining”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me and my partner recently dined here on a saturday night and although it was a pleasant enough dining experience, it was nothing to write home about nor would we be in a hurry to return. We both ordered the soup of the day, which was leek and potato. It was piping hot but did lack a bit of flavour. My partner's belly pork wasn't as tender as he would have expected and he was severely regretting not choosing the steak after seeing it at some other diner's table. My baked fish was nice enough for a change but again, not outstandingly so. We finished off by sharing a light white chocolate cheesecake, which was probably the nicest course of the meal.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My Husband Friend and Myself went to the Green Dolphin on Friday 27th June we all had something different and all 3 were out of this world ,I had the fig salami for dessert and it was too die for the service was great and staff very friendly and cheerful , toilets spotlessly clean all in all an amazing evening Thanks to everyone

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A warm and friendly greeting, well paced attention in a filling restaurant, and a keenness to see we were enjoying our dining experience, led to a most relaxed and enjoyable evening. This is a lovely spot to dine with a reasonable range of wines and food to choose from. The one thing that made us rate at four rather than five stars was a meat course where the meat - pork - was not as tender as we like it. All the rest of our meal was delicious, and beautifully presented. The team's friendliness made for a very pleasant evening.

1  Thank fred5712
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ordered lamb and steak, both beautifully done. Must try their home made apple strudel, andthat coming from someone who normally doesnt particularly like apple strudels

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had half of a crayfish & it was awesome! Chose it to be baked & lying on a bed of sautéed vegetables with a bowl of salad; it was indeed one of the freshest crayfish I had ever had. Nicely done with no frills, I love it! Then had the chocolate fondant as dessert & it really ended the dinner in a sweet note, along with a cup of hot chocolate that perfectly fits in winter! Heartwarming staff made my dinner experience all the more sweeter. Definitely returning here when I'm in Kaikoura again! Cheers!

1  Thank Melissa T