“Good cafe”

Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a nice cafe for coffee and cake or a breakfast. We stopped for both. It is reasonably priced and the staff are friendly

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

OK so here is the bottom line. Very good coffee. Some nice sweets. Other food items are available which we did not have. Place was busy mid-afternoon which suggests people find the cafe convenient and good. Don't go out of your way but if passing by stop for a coffee or a snack. Small and unassuming but comfortable for a quick stop or a leisurely coffee.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went into this cafe for coffee, best hot mocha and Americano. Served very quickly with a great smile. We learned from a bus driver in the cafe that this was the place for fish and chips for tea. We returned for fish and chips. Excellent value and very friendly. Thanks

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I ordered a steak at lunch time, and it was supposed to be medium. I guess with one end towards well-done and the other raw, that could be said, on average to be correct. The taste was good though, and the salad that came with the steak.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stopped for lunch in Kaikoura and happened to park opposite the Why Not Cafe. Am I glad we did. I ordered fish and chips and got the biggest pieces of fish (in this case Southern Blue Whiting) I have ever been served. And cooked to perfection. I am a reasonably big eater but could not finish everything on my plate. My wife and daughter were more than happy with their meals as well. This place is a must for fish lovers.