“Great Place”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Kaikoura
Australia
“Great Place”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Having stayed at other motels in the Bella Vista "chain" we rate this one the highest. It is well located with fine views of the mountains, and it is just a short walk away from the town centre and all the noise and bustle. The room was just what we needed in terms of space, equipment and comfort, including the double glazing. However the real difference is the owners Penny and Josh) who were most friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - we might of missed the Ohau seal pup nursery if it was not for them.

Room Tip: Try for an upper room with view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
PiperLee, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you! I am so pleased you had a good stay here with us and hope to see you again :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hornby, null, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We booked for one night at the Bella Vista . Our room was completely spotlessly clean and had that 'clean' smell about it too. The lady who greeted us upon arrival was lovely and very friendly and helpful showing us a map and suggesting things we could do in Kaikoura. The bed was possibly too comfortable and I found it very hard to get up the next day!
Excellent motel and would highly recommend to anyone staying in Kaikoura!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
PiperLee, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms and bed comfortable and clean. I hope my advice and map was of use to you while here in Kaikoura! Penny :)
Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Penny's warm and gracious greeting took the edge off of our motel experience. In fact, the place was very clean and I finally got my washing done!

Josh even invited me over to chat in Japanese. I was shocked that he spent 4+ years there. We spent 30 minutes discussing our lives in Japanese. He's the chef at White Morph and perhaps the best cook on the south island. Best meal I've had to date...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for your review! It was really nice to meet you and your family. Josh enjoyed having someone to chat with in Japanese too, and appreciates your kind words about his cooking. Hope the rest of your trip is going well :)
P.S one of you left a charger here with multi adapter on it, if you call or email and give me a forwarding address I will send it on for you.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I booked to stay in the Bella Vista motel on the basis of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and I wasn't disappointed. The owners were so friendly, their advice was spot on and they couldn't have been nicer. The rooms are modern, clean and when I opened the curtains in the morning I saw snow-capped mountains. I would recommend this motel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you so much for coming to stay with us, it was an absolute pleasure having you here and hope to see you again in the future. So glad you got to see and enjoy everything Kaikoura has to offer. :)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Penny and Josh received us like friends! Including pick up at and return to the train station. Rooms were comfortable and immaculately clean. The town of Kaikoura is within easy walking distance and very pretty. Josh also is a chef at the White Morph restaurant in town - what a treat to taste his food. Just check out that restaurant if you want top quality. Thanks Penny and Josh, we loved our short stay in Kaikoura!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased you had a great time here and hearing back from you makes it all worth it :) We love our jobs and enjoy making your time here memorable.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed for one night with our 2 preschool children, The room was immaculate and the managers were very friendly and knowledgable of the area. Would definately recommend the Bella Vista to friends and family looking for somewhere to stay in Kaikoura. Thanks Penny & Josh for your hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you :) it was lovely to have you here and hope you can make it up again soon.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Good accomodation is at a premium sometimes in Kaikoura, famous for its whale watching. The Bella Vista is a modern motel on the main highway, but not plagued by noise. It's not far to walk to the town centre, where there are restaurants, including the White Morph where the co-owner is the chef). Cooked or continental beakfast is available, and the owner provides a friendly manner and plenty of advice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are probaly best from a noise viewpoint.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for your nice review. It is a pleasure to help all our guests and the best part of the job :)