“"Wonderful View"”
Review of Mantra Hervey Bay

Mantra Hervey Bay
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I recently chose this hotel for a short break. We chose to stay in a one bedroom apartment which was more than adequate for the two of us with a full kitchen, dining and lounge area and a separate bedroom. The staff on the front desk were very helpful and always pleasant. The view from the balcony was spectacular, but we really needed to be on the balcony to enjoy it without shifting the furniture so that we had at least one arm chair with a decent view without going outside. However, we did have a relaxing stay, there are a few restaurants and small cafes virtually on your doorstep. I would highly recommend Chit Chat café for breakfast, we ending up eating there every morning of our stay. The food and coffee was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine D
Julie G, Manager at Mantra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Oh wow! what a wonderful review. Yes, we have to agree with you, our views are spectacular here. We hope to see you again, soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,248)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having stayed at many mantra hotels throughout the country I thought the Hervey Bay mantra was a safe bet - not right.The room I had was 305 and it was quite roomy but it looked like it was furnished twenty years ago.The balcony overlooks the two restaurants and this proved to be not good in regards to noise with kitchen hands washing pots with a hose - I called the restaurant cafe Balaena around 10 pm to complain.like other reviewers before me I was awoken at 6am by cleaners of the restaurant hosing down the outside area.
I did have dinner in the above restaurant and it was quite forgettable.upon my morning run I discovered a newer more attractive hotel / resort called beaches - this would be where I will stay next.
To top things off the Mantra reception has a tea and coffee area for business clients that want to grab a take away coffee,unfortunately the milk was off and had big lumps - nice touch.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank roosterman2016

I appoligise that we were unable to WOW you on your stay with us. I'm happy to report that we are starting our Refurblishment on rooms shortly, We hope you give us another chance to show you the true Mantra Hervey Bay experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Mantra hotel gets mixed reviews so I am going to try and clear some things up. Firstly, the room that I stayed in (standard hotel swim up room) was absolutely fine. The swim up room was a bonus, we simply requested one after booking. Our bathroom had a large spa tub which was great - very relaxing! The room itself was a decent size and included tea and coffee facilities plus a fridge, although could have done with a microwave. I think the only thing that lets it down is not having regular housekeeping and little dining options. There are a handful of restaurants outside the Mantra but if you are planning on buying your own food then a car is necessary. We used the buses however they seem to only run every hour. Hervey Bay in general is not great, very little to do, however as a stop over for seeing Fraser Island (which is a must) then the Mantra is more than adequate.

Room Tip: Try and request a swim up pool room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sam r
MantraHB, Manager at Mantra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Sam R,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are delighted you were able to stay in a swim up room by the pool. These rooms are very popular because you are able to step straight from your balcony into the swimming pool is fantastic! Our rooms are unserviced but additional amenities are available from reception. I agree Fraser Island is a must see when in Hervey Bay as are the Humpback Whales during August, September and October. It is truly an amazing experience.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you back at Mantra Hervey Bay again one day soon.

Kind Regards
Leah Sullivan
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 9 June 2014

As a world traveller I can say that the Mantra is in an attractive location..although away from the main beach areas.Fine if you have a car. Views from the harbour side ovelook the impressive marina, and out to the ocean. There are couple of local restaurants offering good dining, and some efficient smaller cafes in the little arcade. The only problem we had was the noise drifting up from the kitchen of the adjacent restaurant which seemed to start preparing breakfast at 6.00am with acompanying music.Evening also had local entertainment noises but this seemed to stop in time for us to sleep.Rooms were comfortable.

Room Tip: You really need your own transport for this location, and maybe get rooms away from the restaurant n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GORDON N

Dear Gordon N,

Thank you for your review of Mantra Hervey Bay on Tripadvisor. We agree that we have a great location overlooking the Marina and Fraser Island. From August through to November the marina is a hive of activity with the Whale Watching boats going out daily. There are a number of lovely restaurants located on the Marina. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Hervey Bay one day.

Kind Regards
Leah Sullivan
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My stay was only 1 night and this is not my usual hotel. My decision to stay here was on a recommendation and I'm glad I listened. Nice clean rooms with a great view and easy parking. The only downside is the lack of dining options however the meal I selected at a nearby restaurant was very good. Will be my new stay on the bay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael T
Julie G, General Manager at Mantra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Sounds like we nailed it! Thank you for the review, Michael. If you travel to Hervey Bay quite regularly, make sure you enquire about our Club C U Soon programme next time you are here. By joining this program you can get up to 5% discount on accommodation bookings. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Mantra Hervey Bay.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Mantra overlooks the marina at Hervey Bay. My room was a 1 bedroom apartment (#333) which was very spacious, had a kitchen, dining and lounge area plus a combined laundry/bathroom. While I had no need to use any of the appliances they all appeared to be in very good condition if not new. A balcony off the lounge area had views to the marina and bay. Access to a number of restaurants and cafes was excellent and charge back facilities were in place with a couple them. You can walk effortlessly to the marina and go on various boat rides (islands, fishing, sight-seeing etc). There's an adequate pool and outdoor area. The hotel is aimed at vacation stays with varying types of accommodation from single rooms through to large family-style apartments. Location is excellent. Only potential problem may arise if the hotel is full as there appeared to be only one lift servicing 4 stories but I would have no problem staying there when next in Hervey Bay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SydneyBruno

What a sensational review, SydneyBruno. Yes, I have to agree with your comments about our location. We are very fortunate to be positioned right on the marina which overlooks Fraser Island. The morning view is the best – especially when you are enjoying your morning coffee on your balcony while watching the boats/yatchs come in. We hope to see you (and another sensational review) again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Everything was great. Specially the location right in front of the marina where u can find very nice caffes and restaurants. The room was very complete and cute and has a very nice jacuzzi on it. I totally recommend this hotel. Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mechi976

What an accurate, straight to the point review. Thanks for the review. Mechi976. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hervey Bay
#1 of 3 in Fraser Island
Akama Resort
Akama Resort
#4 of 23 in Hervey Bay

Been to Mantra Hervey Bay? Share your experiences!