“Great place to spend a few days” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Hervey Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast
“Great place to spend a few days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Emeraldene inn and lodge in Hervey Bay for 3 excellent nights. It is a beautiful place to stay and with a pool and BBQ area it is pleasant to spend a few hours in the Emeraldene just relaxing. We got Rob to book a few tours and did the Lady Elliot and Fraser Hummer experience which both were amazing in their own way. It is a little far from the sprawling Hervey Bay centre and it may be best to have transport but there is a shuttle from the local boat club which did run in the evenings if you wanted to leave the car at home.

Rob was a excellent host and his service and his staff made this one of the best places we stayed whilst in Australia. It is immaculately clean the photo's make it a little dated looking but it is the colour scheme. It is very new and modern, just not the typical sterile white walls of most places.

Definitely stay in Emeraldene if you are considering spending time in Hervey Bay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bronaghcc
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Hi Bronagh,

Thanks so much for your kind words and praise. It really was great having you and Jonny stay with us during your honeymoon in Australia. I am also happy that you got some great experiences on Lady Elliot and Fraser Island despite the little hiccup !

I hope the rest of your honeymoon trip to Australia was awesome, and that you always have some special memories of the Fraser Coast.

It would be great to see you both again - maybe a return trip for your 10th wedding anniversary???

All the best for your future together.

Regards,

Rob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Remember what it was like when you went to a motel/hotel anything and the person behind the counter was happy that you were in their business.... Well go to the Inn and you will remember. We were actually greeted and given maps and information and made to feel welcome. The room was clean and well appointed. Very happy to recommend for a stay in Hervey Bay. Thank you Rob.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelbughasbitten
Hi Travelbug,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and I am thrilled you appreciated my attention to customer service. We have some wonderful sites, restaurants, tours and things to do in our incredible region. I am very proud of what we have on our doorstep, and I am passionate about sharing this with our visitors. Its all about everyone leaving the Fraser Coast with great experiences and beautiful memories.

I do hope we get an opportunity to have you stay with us again.

All the very best,

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed at the Emeraldene Inn and Eco-Lodge the night before our excursion to Fraser Island. It was exactly as advertised and I would highly recommend it. Located away from the Esplanade it is an ideal rest stop in advance of a Fraser Island adventure or for anyone choosing to spend some time in Hervey Bay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chuck627
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your review and positive comments.

As you suggest, the information and images of our property and facilities on our website are exactly as they appear. I endeavour to update our images regularly (and personally take all images) - the rooms and facilties are exactly as they appear.

I am very glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels in Australia.

Regards,

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here in December, and we were very impressed. It is not in the center of town, which is a bonus. Quiet oasis, beautiful landscaping, and the owner was terrific! Great advice from Rob on what to do and see. We wish we'd stayed a few more days!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MZMac
Hi MZMac,

Thanks for the awesome endorsement!

I wish you had the opportunity to stay longer with us as well! I've got a lot more suggestions of things to see and do for your next visit!

It would be great to see you again if you get an opportunity to visit our region on another trip to Australia.

All the best,

Center Moriches, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

There is no shortage of lodging in Hervey Bay. The Esplanade runs for 16 kilometers along the shore, and is filled with one hotel after another. All pretty much the same. As Rob, the amazing manager of Emeraldene said to me, he has a different product.

Staying at Emeraldene is like staying in a beautiful rain forest. There are trees and birds and lovely tropical sounds all around you. Our superior one bedroom unit was very clean and comfortable. It had a basic kitchen, not enough to prepare a real meal, but OK for simple heating and cooking. The walls of the units are made of brick and we never heard a sound from our neighbors. The units have a small patio, I enjoyed sitting out there and enjoying the beautiful landscaping and colorful tropical vegetation and birds.

There is also a barbeque available for grilling and a pool. We did not use either, but I was very happy to be able to use the laundry which is located onsite. There is also a good, free internet connection.

Rob arranged our 2 day trip to Fraser Island which was a great experience, not to be missed. He answered all our questions and was unfailingly welcoming and helpful. It's great to find such service nowadays. When we returned to Emeraldene from our Fraser Island trip, Rob welcomed us with real warmth and was genuinely interested in our experience.

I think Emeraldene is going to be inconvenient if you do not have your own car. There are supermarkets and restaurants nearby, but hardly walking distance. However if you want an oasis of peace and beauty in a highly commercial area, this is it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CenterMtraveler
Hi CenterM,

I really appreciate your kind words and I am really pleased you enjoyed our quiet, tropical and unique setting.

As you suggest, our double-brick construction (including common walls between rooms) eliminates any noise from adjoining rooms, and also assists from an environmental perspective in naturally insulating the rooms, keeping them warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

I appreciate your recognition of our total focus on customer service. It is my goal that everyone leaves our beautiful region with beautiful memories and an appreciation of the unique natural World Heritage sites that lie on our doorstep.

Best regards,

Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Located about 8 km from the Esplanade in Hervey Bay, the Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge offers a quiet oasis of lush gardens. If you are looking for accommodation in the middle of the restaurants and bars, then Emeraldene may not be the ideal place as it is a drive into town. However, if you are looking for a quiet place to escape the noise and commotion of the Esplanade, then Emeraldene is a place that you should certainly consider.

We booked a deluxe suite and found it to be quiet and clean. The walls were made of brick and so we never heard our neighbors. The room had a sliding glass door which opened up onto a patio. Since we had an end unit, we also had windows along one wall in addition to the patio door and the front door which allowed for nice breezes. There was also an AC unit.

The room had a kitchenette with a microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and some dishes and cutlery. Cooking a big meal wouldn’t be an option, but it was nice to have the facilities to make breakfast. There is an Aldi supermarket about 3 km away and so we could self cater. Otherwise, the office offers a breakfast for $12.

The communal facilities include a pool and a BBQ. There is wireless internet, but as we had the furthest unit from the office, I had trouble getting a signal in the room with my phone. This was fixed by just sitting outside the office to download my email.

The staff were really friendly. Upon check in, they gave us a map and made recommendations for places to eat in town. They also book tours and were really helpful in this regard. We were planning to go to Lady Elliot Island the next day and upon hearing this, the staff offered to call the airline to see if we could get on an earlier flight. They kept at it all morning which was something that I hadn’t thought of myself and was much appreciated.

I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at the Emeraldene again the next time that I am in Hervey Bay. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mhnstr
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Hi mhnstr,

Thanks for your excellent and comprehensive review! I really appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly review our property and facilities. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your short stay with us, and I hope you had an awesome time on Lady Elliot.

You've pretty much covered everything perfectly, leaving me little to say, other than a slight correction - we are 3km from Centro shopping centre and 4km from the Esplanade.....

Thanks again, and I do hope we will see you again and for a longer stay next time!

All the best,

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

A perfect out of town location for our whale watching - Whale Song and our very special tour with Peter in our Hummer Tour of Fraser Island - just do it you won't be dissapointed. Our host Rob at Emeraldene was superb, arranging our tours to suit the weather. The Eco lodge is well appointed with all you need, including a simple kitchen in the room. There is a small pool in the grounds, but being winter we didn't venture in.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HalloButlers
Hi HalloButlers,

Thanks for you great review!

Fantastic that you were here at an awesome time of year, and ticked all the best boxes with your whale watch tour and Hummer Tour of Fraser. It was the best season ever for whales this year, with some incredible up close experiences - and you were here at the best time!

We have just put up our Whale and Fraser Packages for the 2013 year, and for the early birds we have offered the opportunity to book at 2012 prices!

Hopefully you will get another chance to visit us all the way from the UK, and next time I can organise a trip for you to experience the best of the Great Barrier Reef at Lady Elliot Island.

I hope you enjoyed your adventure in Australia, and it would be great to see you again.

Best regards,