“Homely accommodation with a great owner”

Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 days and was most impressed with the host who helped me all the way from booking the accommodation to arranging our Fraser Island tour. We got a little late reaching the lodge but he was kind enough to wait for us and also provide us with a little detail regarding the city like restaurants and retail stores.
The family apartment we stayed in was large and has a fresh feel to it. There is parking available right in front of the apartment just like you will have at your home. The only issue with rooms could be that there is only one bathroom in the family apartment. Also, there is just one air conditioner in the living area and none in bedroom.

Room Tip: Family apartment was spacious and nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your great review. I am glad we were able to assist with your total trip planning for your time in our region, and that you enjoyed your time with us and also on Fraser Island.

Our Family Apartments are a very big 1 bedroom apartment (60m2), and yes they do only have 1 bathroom. They have a separate bedroom with queen bed, and then a set of bunk beds for the kids in the large studio area. These rooms are perfect for a family, but if there are 2 couples or 4 adults we would recommend 2 Deluxe or Superior Suites. We also have interconnecting Deluxe Suites, which effectively give you a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and 2 kitchenettes.

I hope you have another opportunity to visit our region (perhaps during whale watch season next time!), and we would love to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge is a little oasis in Hervey Bay. Quiet, green, extremely well presented and cared for. Rob is an excellent host, knowledgable and happy to help in any way he can. Highly recommended.
Angela & Colin

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hi Angela & Colin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your positive sentiments.

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us, and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a small motel that is really well managed. The rooms are very clean and updated. The grounds are well maintained. The pool is a great. The owner, Rob, goes out if his way to help in anyway he can. He is the difference and I recommend his motel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuck S
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hi Chuck,

Thanks so much for your endorsement and kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay with us over Christmas!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia, and it would be fantastic to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

A family of 5 guests (including Nana) stayed here recently. The rooms and neat and clean and ours was self contained. We had access to a lovely pool, which the kids took to immediately. The very knowledgeable Rob helped us with info regarding local attractions and how to get to the Fraser Island Ferry. The lovely Jess (resident pooch) loved pats and playing with our boys around the pool. Highly recommended stop if your ever in Hervey Bay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the great review. I am thrilled you and the family enjoyed our rooms, facilities and huge pool - and, of course, the famous Jess, who loves making new friends with all the kids that come and stay!

Hervey Bay has so much to see and do, so I am looking forward to helping you with lots of new suggestions next time you come to stay.

All the best,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Emeraldene, lovely spacious room with front and back door to let the breeze flow through. I didn't use the air-conditioner as there was a ceiling fan which I preferred anyway. They came in everyday to tidy up and restock items. I will be staying here again in the future as it is very close to the hospital and nursing home where my mother resides. We had a ferocious storm while I was there, nothing leaked and I felt very safe. You do hear the road sometimes but it didn't stop me getting a good sleep through the day and at night. I was in unit 7 and never heard the neighbours either side at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Luvenyas,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled you enjoyed our Superior Suites and our peaceful (and safe!) surrounds.

We are passionate about ensuring our guests have the best possible stay with us, and we are one of the few properties in the region that have housekeepers service our rooms daily.

Our rooms are built with double clay brick, so there is approx. 7 inches of clay brick walls between rooms - very well insulated from the elements and from noise externally and between rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you the next time you are up to visit your family.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here for a few nights in November 2013, initially in a Superior room and then a 1 bed apartment. The rooms were good and the owner, Rob, was very helpful. The surroundings within the hotel are very good heaps of trees and bird life but it is spoilt by the noise of the busy road just outside the hotel. There are also long term large road works going on outside and these start early increasing the noise.
If you haven't got a car or transport then this place will be too far away from anything in Hervey Bay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatnPete

Hi PatnPete,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed our great rooms, customer service, facilities, natural surrounds and amazing birdlife. I am sorry that you were disturbed by some road noise during your stay.

There has been a lot of construction activity within Hervey Bay, with approx. 8 km of road upgrades, a new water main, and a new private hospital being built nearby. This resulted in an increase in traffic (during the day) during your stay.

The main works in front of our property (a new water main and storm drainage) have now been completed. We would love to have you back so you can see that we are, in fact, located in one of the quietest suburbs of Hervey Bay.

In regards to having transport - Hervey Bay is a very spread out town, 17km from one end to the other, so it doesn't matter where you stay in Hervey Bay, a vehicle / transport will be an asset.

We would love to see you on a future visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

No complaints whatsoever, I am used to staying in well known hotel chains and staying here was quite refreshing! I didn't feel like just another hotel guest and rob, the owner was so helpful and friendly, he went out of his way to make sure our stay was a good one :) I would definitely recommend anybody coming to hervey bay to come stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Nazia,

Thanks for your great review. I am so glad you appreciated our customer service, and our passion for our region. We love sharing our knowledge of the region and it's attractions - the type of service you can often only get with a small property and owner / managers.

It would be awesome to see you on another visit to Australia.

All the best,