“Fancier than we thought but delicious”
Review of The Vinyard

The Vinyard
Ranked #1 of 191 Restaurants in Hervey Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Description: The Vinyard offers incomparable views we wish to share with you. Be that for a cheeky mid afternoon glass of wine, a full dinner, long lunch or weekend breakfast. We have the place, the food and and drink to exceed your needs.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were a little underdressed in our shorts, and perhaps our American accents also put them off as well, not sure... But the staff was very cold and unfriendly in general until the woman in charge (Manager?) Finally warmed up to us a bit and chatted with us. That is why I am giving 4 stars, the food was 5 star, but our entire experience wasnt as enjoyable as it could have been.

The food was amazing. Particularly the scallops-so tender and perfectly seasoned.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was the last night of my holiday in Hervey Bay and I decided to treat myself to a seafood dinner i picked the right place to do it!

I started with scallops cooked in hazelnut butter with parsnip puree, and oysters in mirin. The scallops were divine, and the huge oysters worked really well with the mirin dressing. Next I had prawns with ginger and chilli. The sauce was sticky and delicious, and the coconut rice was a good accompaniment.

For main I had the fish of the day, which was tuna cooked with capsicum . It was really tasty and I enjoyed the fennel salad which came with it.

I had just enough room for dessert so i tried the butterscotch panacotta with honeycomb. I almost didn't order it as it sounded very sweet, but it was delicious and not overly sweet at all.

The wine selection was excellent - I had a glass of the French sparkling which went really well with the first 2 courses. The French rose was tasty with the tuna - very crisp and dry.

The staff were all friendly, efficient and helpful. I would definitely come here again.

EventsVinyard, Guest Relations Manager at The Vinyard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings Meredith H,
We hope you thoroughly enjoyed our unique Fraser coast region on your holiday, the Wide bay boasts a fantastic selection of fresh local seafood and we are delighted you chose our venue to sample the seafood offerings.
Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience The Vinyard Team always appreciate the feedback, and we hope you visit again soon.

Kind regards
The Vinyard Team

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This restaurant in my opinion is equal to any 5* MichelonStar Restaurant. The Chef is amazing. The Staff is amazing. The service is amazing - never an empty glass. The Menu is vast. Try the Oysters Kilpatrick - the best I have ever tasted - a real smokey flavour. The Hazelnut Butter Scallops - cooked to perfection. The duck in orange and cherry sauce - delicious. Friends ordered Seafood Chowder, Moreton Bay Bugs, Pork Belly - they were all delighted with their choice. . This is a superb Restaurant in every way. Delicious food, venue Family friendly, exceptional value for the quality of food, overlooking the ocean. .Congratulations to the Chef & Staff. . Highly recommended.

Hello Patricia H,
The Vinyard team are so very pleased you have enjoyed our service and food so much, this standard is what we always strive to achieve.
We invite you to sample our new menu soon launched in June, and hope we can impress you again.

Kind regards
The Vinyard Team

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Ten of us who were here for a wedding descended on The Vinyard for dinner on less than an hour’s notice on a Sunday evening. We shared the Haloumi bites wrapped in prosciutto and the Tomato Bruschetta. Both were full of flavour. I had three spicy Oysters Kilpatrick and three Scallops on Parsnip Purée for my entree and the Chilli King Prawn entree as my main course. The servings are generous and flavoursome. Three of our party had the Moreton Bay Bugs, each with three large bug tails, perfectly cooked. Only a few were able to fit in Dessert and chose the Petit Fours - a dish that showcased four of the desserts. This restaurant has a great wine list and lots of “by the glass” options. The food, wine and service were all excellent and despite some prices being high, there was definitely value for money. I will definitely return for more of their fabulous food next time I visit the region.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Visited the Vinyard recently with a group from work. Everything was excellent. The food and service were of a high standard and location next to the bay was perfect. Our group go to a different place each month, however, I think we will all be back at the Vinyard soon.