“Country Comfort Review”
Review of Adelaide Manor

Adelaide Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 31 October 2013

On my first business trip to Adelaide I had to stay for a night at the Country Comfort motel. The reception entrance is nice and reminds me of other Mediterranean motels and resorts, with the vine trees decorating the place.
The hotel is conveniently close to some restaurants in the area but itself has a great restaurant inside and a drinking bar.
Everybody was very hospitable and friendly, from staff to higher management.
The room I took had everything in it, suggesting a 4 star hotel, but what I didn't like is that I had to pay to use their WiFi.
Their continent breakfast was good, although I have seen richer items in other hotels.
The day I checked out I had left my drivers licence at the room, so I called and said I will return towards the end of the day, after I finish with my client, to take it. The manager told me that they will happily send it over to my client who is a 20 minute away over the highway. That made my day!

Room Tip: Take the top rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mazen K

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was booked on my behalf by an employer, so I can't comment on the value of the rooms. But I will comment on the lack of value in the restaurant, it was awful, my associate ordered chicken with a dianne sauce...? It was packet mix! They have the audacity to charge in the vicinity of $20 or more for this! Hungry Jacks is a short walk down the road or order pizza. Breakfast (included in my room) was pretty ordinary too, the cook couldn't even do a soft poached egg, so I gave up and ordered scrambled instead, the cereals were good.

The rooms seem dated and the beds are on the hard side, but I was out of the Adelaide version of bloody cold.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am staying here for 6 nights, and cannot fault the place. Rooms are lovely and clean, grounds are kept very tidy, and all the staff helpful. I have not had a meal at the restaurant as yet, so cannot comment on the food. Overall a very nice place to stay and one that I will come back to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank helclem
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Comfortable bed and great meals. We have stayed here on many occasions when ever we go to Adelaide. Clean and tidy place that suits our needs. Bit disappointing that there is a charge on WiFi though and the credit charge surcharge is a little steep. Keeping this in mind the hotel is well maintained. We will continue to stay here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a bland, functional establishment. It does the basics - provides a comfortable bed in a tired but serviceable room. Some refurbishment is needed. A continental breakfast is included in the tariff. The Adelaide Manor participates in the annoying practice of imposing a surcharge for credit card payments. Location is good for travelers passing through Adelaide and needing a stop-over close to the Port Augusta road, but, to my mind, it is not somewhere to stay if spending more than one night in this city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed our experience!
The only bad comments I would have are the shower over the bath, time for an upgrade?
The bed was also really quite hard, resulting in waking up with a sore neck the first morning!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were given an upstairs room facing a main road. Although a very pretty chalet style building, the room we had was very average and overpriced. Although staff were friendly we probably wouldn't stay again. Friendly staff is expected no matter where we stay. The room reminded us of a dorm with the very basics and for the price we were a little disappointed. I think if the price was reduced considerably we would probably stay as a place to lay our heads for the night,definitely not as a treat or a splurge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the main road, as it's positioned in the middle of two main...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Comfort Inn Manhattan
Mount Lofty House - MGallery by Sofitel
Largs Pier Hotel - Motel
Largs Pier Hotel - Motel
#1 of 1 in Largs Bay

Been to Adelaide Manor? Share your experiences!