“Never again”

Adelaide Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
“Never again”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for business trip. Had friends and family over for dinner in the restaurant and experienced the rudest service I've ever witnessed. One particular waiter is in the wrong industry; after seating us on the mezzanine where others were also dining, he then proceeded to ask for our dinner order. After asking where the drinks menu was and that we wanted drinks first, he rudely claimed that "well this is the breakfast area so we don't have drink menu s here.." storming off to find one..the rest o f the night he was abrupt and unpleasant to say the least. Our meals were served by a lovely lady and they were of average quality. Won't waste my money again here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nals988

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bendigo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at this lovely property on business. The beautifully kept grounds are a very welcoming first impression as was the friendly staff upon checkin. My room was extremely generous in size, beautifully presented and scrumptiously clean, but most importantly the bed and the pillows were of very good quality and so comfortable. (I was in room 38) I dined in the restaurant both nights, I found the meals to be of a very high standard and service exceptional. Thumbs up all round from me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

On my first business trip to Adelaide I had to stay for a night at the Country Comfort motel. The reception entrance is nice and reminds me of other Mediterranean motels and resorts, with the vine trees decorating the place.
The hotel is conveniently close to some restaurants in the area but itself has a great restaurant inside and a drinking bar.
Everybody was very hospitable and friendly, from staff to higher management.
The room I took had everything in it, suggesting a 4 star hotel, but what I didn't like is that I had to pay to use their WiFi.
Their continent breakfast was good, although I have seen richer items in other hotels.
The day I checked out I had left my drivers licence at the room, so I called and said I will return towards the end of the day, after I finish with my client, to take it. The manager told me that they will happily send it over to my client who is a 20 minute away over the highway. That made my day!

Room Tip: Take the top rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mazen K
Ballina, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was booked on my behalf by an employer, so I can't comment on the value of the rooms. But I will comment on the lack of value in the restaurant, it was awful, my associate ordered chicken with a dianne sauce...? It was packet mix! They have the audacity to charge in the vicinity of $20 or more for this! Hungry Jacks is a short walk down the road or order pizza. Breakfast (included in my room) was pretty ordinary too, the cook couldn't even do a soft poached egg, so I gave up and ordered scrambled instead, the cereals were good.

The rooms seem dated and the beds are on the hard side, but I was out of the Adelaide version of bloody cold.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Kalbarri, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am staying here for 6 nights, and cannot fault the place. Rooms are lovely and clean, grounds are kept very tidy, and all the staff helpful. I have not had a meal at the restaurant as yet, so cannot comment on the food. Overall a very nice place to stay and one that I will come back to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank helclem
sydney
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Comfortable bed and great meals. We have stayed here on many occasions when ever we go to Adelaide. Clean and tidy place that suits our needs. Bit disappointing that there is a charge on WiFi though and the credit charge surcharge is a little steep. Keeping this in mind the hotel is well maintained. We will continue to stay here.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Ocean Grove, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a bland, functional establishment. It does the basics - provides a comfortable bed in a tired but serviceable room. Some refurbishment is needed. A continental breakfast is included in the tariff. The Adelaide Manor participates in the annoying practice of imposing a surcharge for credit card payments. Location is good for travelers passing through Adelaide and needing a stop-over close to the Port Augusta road, but, to my mind, it is not somewhere to stay if spending more than one night in this city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Comfort Inn Manhattan
#1 of 57 in Adelaide
Pavlos Motel
Pavlos Motel
#1 of 1 in Pooraka

Been to Adelaide Manor? Share your experiences!