“Great Resturant and extremely friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Adelaide Manor

Adelaide Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed here on business after previously staying in a city hotel (which was small, grubby and impersonal) and was amazed at the quality of service. The rooms are huge and spotlessly clean, the motel restaurant is first-class with delicious bacon & eggs for breakfast. Will be coming back to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
amanor, Assistant Manager at Adelaide Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Hi Rainedrop24,

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have to start with saying we have had to have been allocated one of the worst rooms in this place.....reasons, outside door...ash tray/can, (we don't smoke), Rubbish bin, fire hydrant hose, fire hydrant piping and taps, huge block pillar, external stairs going upstairs, two big bushes, so needless to say the room was a bit claustraphobic.we had to leave the door and curtains open so as not to feel shut in....it was room 22, make sure you don;t get it allocated. generally this hotel is on a busy main road junction,with retail outlets at the back, so noise could be an issue if you are a light sleeper. Our room also had a passage at the back for access to the kitchens and general gubbins of a hotel, but we had to keep our bathroom window closed as staff stood out there smoking and talking on a mobile, plus we got the smell of cooking in the evening....Lovely small affective pool and spa, with guest laundry and complimentary dryer, that seemed a little reluctant to work for us...The dining experience was very pleasurable with no pressure, good food and staff not intrusive or imposing.....Overall good staffing, but shame about the location for the traffic....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babe33

Hi Babe33,

We are very sorry you did not like the room you were allocated. If we had been aware of your discomfort we would have offered to move you to a more suitable position within the motel. Your comments regarding the kitchen staff noise prompted an immediate change with staff no longer congregating at the rear of the rooms.

We hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to improve our performance and welcome you again next time you are in Adelaide.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

TRAVELLERS - STAY AWAY.

Cheap rooms with cheap decor. A motor inn right on a highway so don't come here if you want a good nights sleep.

Meals are way overpriced and terrible. I had a schnitzel, which was chewy and soaked in oil, but I found it hard to notice how bad the food was with me having to keep a constant "Australian wave" going to keep those small fruit flys that infest the place from committing kamakazi attacks into my soupy vegetables. My broccoli was encrusted with enough salt it looked like little green lamingtons.

Wireless Internet only, no in room cable which means snail pace internet.

Ironing board cover was dirty and iron needed to be heated on a stove. Luckily, an old chemical spray bottle was provided to be the water sprayer.

Rooms full of those flys/midgey things and the shower has one of those ultra water saving things which doesn't even help the burn/freeze nature of the water system.

The staff are nice although the hotel is atrocious - even at the price it is.

DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Weary_Traveller91

Hi Weary_Traveller91,

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your time at the Adelaide Manor.

Your comments regarding the meals were passed onto the chef and our menu has undergone complete refreshment.

Our wireless internet has undergone upgrades with further improvements planned to keep up with the latest technology.

Housekeeping were advised of the issues with the ironing facilities which prompted the replacement of the aging equipment.

Unfortunately the warmer weather does draw out the insects however we do try to minimise their impact and provide insect spray in all of the units for traveller convenience.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to improve our performance next time you are in town.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

Good location just north of the city. Helpful, attentive staff. Clean, roomy, comfortable rooms with good amenities.

A word of caution, if you have mobility problems be sure to ask for a ground floor room when you book. I forgot and, while I managed the stairs, I'd have preferred not to and I didn't like to ask once we got there.

My only criticism is that management should look at having an extra person on at check-out time. Expecting one person to cover the breakfast room and reception is just not fair either on the staff member or guests.

Nevertheless, we wanted for nothing and enjoyed our stay. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Hi wys1wyg,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. In future please do not hesitate to request ground floor rooms, even if you have checked in. We understand that the stairs can be a challenge and as we are unable to offer the convenience of an elevator, we are more than happy to make your stay easier by allocating a ground floor room where ever possible.

It is very unusual for a second staff memeber not to be allocated to the Breakfast Buffet. The only reason I can imagine that reception was working both areas is if the second staff member cancelled at the last minute. Please accept our apologies if this caused you any inconvenience.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2010

I recently stayed at the Adelaide Manor with my son and two daughters and found the service to be fantastic.
We stayed in one of their joined rooms and was really pleased with the staffs willingness to please us. My daughters visited the reception area multiple times throughout our stay for a variety of requests (towels for pool area, sun screen, spare key to room, etc) and it seemed nothing was too dificult or bothersome for the happy staff.
The rooms we had were immaculate and the room service food was delicious.
I couldn't fault them on anything.

Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Hi happywestoztraveller,

Thank you for your kind words, it is lovely to hear such a glowing report of our staff’s abilities.
We are fortunate to have a fabulous team at the Adelaide Manor and strive to provide the highest levels of customer service.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

I travel for business every month all over Australia. I had never heard of the Adelaide Manor when my secretary booked my stay, but as I needed to be on that side of town the options were fairly limited.
On arrival I was greeted by the friendly reception staff who gave me a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Room and even assisted by carrying my luggage up the one flight of stairs!
The room was spacious with a comfortable queensize bed, two seater lounge and LCD TV. The bathroom was slightly dated but meticulously clean. I was a bit worried about the noise factor as the motel is between two major roads, however I was pleasantly surprised as I did not hear a thing inside the room.
My meal in the restaurant was superb with fantastic service from Kirsty, who I saw again for breakfast the next morning.
The reception staff were great again on checkout, ordered my cab and again helped with my luggage. 10/10 for service!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Hi SydneyBusinessMan,

Thank you for taking a chance on our motel. We are pleased that our amenities exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our team and their ability to excel in customer service.

Reviewed 8 January 2010

I chose this accommodation off the website and wasn't disappointed. From the initial contact to our departure time we found all staff friendly and helpful. I asked for ground floor accommodation, no problem, and away from the noise of passing traffic - once again no problem. We were given Room 1 next to the swimming pool which was a bit of a worry however users did the right thing and there was no excessive noise. We were also next to the laundry once again no noise could be heard in our room.

Be aware though that the motel is a far way out of CBD and you will need a car or be prepared to use the bus service. No worries though the bus service is very good.

Don't put too much faith in the website photograph of the hotel. It gave me the expection of having flowering bushes throughout. This is not the case but I did find where the photograph was probably taken from to give the impression I assumed.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Hi Ray170,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you did not find the 9km trip to the CBD too difficult. The 15 minute Go Zone in front of the property does make the buses an attractive alternative to driving.

We are sorry that the gardens did not meet with your expectations, however your travel coincided with a time of severe water restrictions and we were unable to maintain our watering regime. Now that the restrictions have been relaxed we are in the process of returning the gardens to their former flowering glory.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Mawson Lakes Hotel
#7 of 55 in Adelaide
Majestic Minima Hotel
Majestic Minima Hotel
#12 of 55 in Adelaide

Been to Adelaide Manor? Share your experiences!