“Value”
Review of Flinders Hotel

Flinders Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Augusta
Flinders Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Port Augusta
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived from Adelaide and found the hotel. Cheap and cheerful despite the weather being hot and windy. Our room was small but clean. Bed seems comfortable. Decided to sit with a beer in the bar. We were made to feel most welcome. Should be good.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wellsprin
There are newer reviews for Flinders Hotel

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times, for work and leisure. It has an old charm to it and although not 5 star accommodation it does the job. The staff are friendly and helpful. If all you need is a bed, fridge, tv and shower then this will suit perfectly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We spent $70 per night (2 people) and ended up staying for a week. Our room was big with high ceilings and a shared balcony. We never saw anyone else on the balcony during our entire stay so we didn't mind that it was shared. It was clean and all the staff were very nice. We were happy to have a good working TV and ice cold air con since it was so hot while we were there. Only complaint would be when the housekeepers came in and I was standing in a towel after just getting out of the shower. They were nice about it, but seemed in a rush since they didn't make sure to knock loudly before coming in to make sure we weren't in the room. Overall, we had a great time here and felt very at home. would definitely return again on our way back through Port Augusta.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I arrived all the way from overseas to be greeted by an unfriendly person who clearly didn't want to be there. This joint has the potential to be great but was let down by the person on the counter. Value for money it was 65 for the room but I'd rather spend another 20 and get decent service. Next time smile and help customers out - we are the bread and butter to your business. I was disappointed and only stayed a night. Room was very ok in terms of value for spend, it was clean enough and tv was okay just a standard type room for money spent...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This property is not for the fainthearted! We checked in late (after phoning the property and telling them we were held back with vehicle problems), the reception at was warmish at first but the owner (?) very quickly became terse and irritated. We went up to the room, I was shocked at the amount of damage there was to the property. Broken doors, light switches punched in, missing balustrades on the stairs and the list is too long to mention. Above all, it was dirty. Our room, shower and the rest of the property had not seen a good clean in some time. There was a hole in the room wall the size of my fist, no attempt had been made to repair the hole The sheets were directly on the mattress and the bathroom was some per-fab Frankenstein looking more like some walk-in freezer than a bathroom. The T.V. had cords hanging all over the place, not safe.

Arriving at the property the owner (?) informed me that he was entertaining his extended family from Adelaide and it was abundantly clear that this was more important than seeing to the walfare of paying guests. I also have to mention that we were the ONLY guests there that night.

This place is a mess. Don't be fooled by the cheap price, cheap does not mean one should compromise with how clean a place is or how good the hospitality is.

Any positives? Yes, the sheets were clean and a member of staff did assist with carrying the suitcases up 3 flights of stairs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nkombe
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by the accommodation here. At $50 per night (1 person), I wasn't expecting much, but when I walked into my room I was very happy (inside room in hotel). Very large room with nice comfortable queen bed, table & chairs, bar fridge, tea & coffee, large LCD TV and ensuite. I was originally going to be paying $60 for a backpackers room at a local caravan park, but changed when I found out they had no fridge. So glad I did! The only negative was the baby that woke me early in the morning and cried for some time. If it hadn't been for that, I would have rated it excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank SammyJT73
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Having read previous reports was dubious about staying here however as all other "cheapies" were booked out I opted for this Hotel. Rooms are a good size with very comfortable bed, modern doona/valance. Good rev. cycle air/con. Ensuite consisted of large shower and loo (hand basin was in main room). Ample tea,coffee, sugar & milk supplies. Room seemed to have been recently re furbished as walls seemed freshly painted and carpet looked new. All in all a good room without any "pub" smell. Staff were all VERY friendly and welcoming. Was able to take a meal to the room. T.V reception was excellent. As it is in the centre of town there was no need to move my vehicle. Would recommend this Hotel. Prices quoted on line were correct. Give it a go. It's probably only 2-3 Star but clean. You get what you pay for but as I only wanted a bed I find it good value for money and acceptable. (P.S. No hairdryer ladies so take your own). This room was upstairs in the Hotel, there are Motel units attached to the building (2 storey) but didn't see them inside. No noise from the Hotel (although it was mid week). Some traffic noise at 7am ish (rubbish truck etc) but only noticed this as I live in the bush. Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends