“Great meals friendly staff”

Standpipe Golf Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Port Augusta
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Hobart, Australia
“Great meals friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our family stopped in here for a meal on our way to cober pedy on Wednesday night. We arrived to be greeted with a friendly smile. The meals were lovely and the lady who served us was great. I really recommend this place for a good well priced meal.

• Visited May 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Authentic food, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I's stop in Port Augusts happened to be one of the nights we fancied having 'in'. Our en-suite room, had a comfortable bed, great shower, digital TV and even a desk for me to pretend to do some work on.

We did however, venture out for dinner and I'm so glad we did. Having an indian restaurant attached to the hotel, that cooks food, so well, was fantastic. Originally opting to seek a quick 'dirty meal' at a fast food restaurant, we popped in for a 'pint' and smelt some of the most amazing indian dishes across our faces.

The authentic indian cuisine that arrived at our table has to have been the best that I had eaten. The Standpipe even cooked a special request that wasn't on the menu, (seriously cheese and spinach, OMG!).

Please don't order steak in an indian restaurant. Go for the authentic indian cuisine that the owners and their chef's have been mastering for years.

Being perfectly full, and with a few extra take aways in a bag, we headed back to our room for a 'fun night' of soaps, talent shows and home videos. We're really hoping to pass back through again.

• Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Impressed”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a good Indian restaurant in this location. The food was delicious and nothing was too much trouble especially as I have special dietary requirements. The waiter accommodated professionally and quickly. It was also pleasing to see training in hospitality being conducted on the night we were there. Well done to all concerned and keep up the good work.

Visited March 2014
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food in Australia?”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were in Port Augusta for four nights and ate here for three of them it was that good. We are English and some say our new national dish is curry so we have eaten a few in our time. The standard and selection of the Indian food here was excellent, quality meat, carefully spiced sauces, wide selection of breads and side dishes all at very reasonable prices. We have been travelling in Australia for three months and I had given up on finding a decent curry, who'd of thought that PA would have such an authentic curry restaurant. My husband had steak one night, which was also very good.
Now I've enthused about the food I also need to mention the extensive wine list, pleasant surroundings, sparklingly clean toilets (always a good sign) and last but not least the very friendly and efficient staff.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank alisonka
Adelaide, Australia
“Just awesome”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Brilliant Indian food just brilliant. Was working out that way and everyone I spoke to raved about the food. I was not however expecting how good it was .Bhaji's and vindaloo yum. Breakfast was good but not a patch on dinner

Visited February 2014