“apartment style”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Port Augusta
Conifer, Colorado
“apartment style”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

it has lots of room, small kitchen, and a washer/dryer. they where friendly and prompt at the front desk.

Room Tip: get 2 keys, to leave one plugged in at all times to keep the ac going or room is hot (metal roofs).
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear pure_jagerman,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about our Front Office Staff and also the in-room facilities. On days when the Weather forecast is 35 degrees or more we will always have the Air Conditioner on ready for your arrival – otherwise you are more than welcome to use the second key to keep it cool for your return.

Majestic Oasis Apartments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
England
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Once inside, the room was adequate and fairly well equipped – so a functional base for the night – if only you can ignore the exterior. With high railings all round and security swipe cards for the gates, it looked and felt like a Prisoner of War camp – a view heightened by the sheer ugliness of the apartment blocks: designer slums in the making. But if you want a base for just a night or two, then you’ll get by. Anything longer and you might need anti-depressants.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BrynEngland
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We only spent one night in Port Augusta: Christmas Eve!

Not sure what kind of expectations we had, but it sure wasn't what we got. The room was very nice (although you had to keep the curtains closed at all times as we had the alley right outside!) and really came with all amenities of an apartment (including washing machine!)

There was ample parking right outside the room and everything was clean and "modern" (which is kind of what I like). It wasn't super easy to find the place, but once we got there, we discovered just how close to everything else it was.

I think this is the kind of place that sees a lot of people "driving" through, either to or from the Outback. So were we, so we really only needed a place to sleep. Our room was one story only, so no noise from above as others have noted. Maybe something to ask for?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hans H
WestAussie
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Nicely designed new complex. Good location, can leave the car and walk for shopping.
Fully self contained. A bit noisy, any noise in the floor above is easily transmitted below to you, every footstep and word is heard. Good beds. Most rooms taken by permanents from government and contractors so parking can be tight and the early morning starts of the workers wake you with sunrise. Secure parking. Rooms overlook the water and the new foreshore developments. Can even watch the locals having a scooby outside your room on the grass foreshore, lock your room.

Room Tip: If you have a bad back, remember to ask for a ground level room. Try and get there early/mid afterno...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WestAussieOldTripper
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear WestAussieOldTripper
Thank you for choosing to stay with Majestic Oasis Apartments and I am glad you liked our uniquely designed complex. Although not a common complaint I can appreciate that sound travelling from upstairs is a significant issue – especially from the early risers you mentioned. As a result of your comments ‘acoustic underlay’ is being installed in all of our upstairs apartments within the coming months. This will significantly reduce any sound travelling from upstairs to the rooms below.
Regarding the parking – you are correct in that there is ample and secure parking but when there are a lot of government and contract workers in the area it can be hard to guarantee a park specifically in front of your room – but your vehicle will be safe and usually no further than 20-30 metres away at worse.
We do appreciate your valuable comments and trust that the changes we make as a result will ensure that your next stay is even more pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We (my partner and I) were passing through Port Augusta from Adelaide to Alice Springs. The Apartments are one of few 4 star hotels in the town. An so we expected something a little better than average. But sadly, we were disappointed by finding two single beds in our room. We were advised there were no other rooms available. But of course we could put the beds together... we did... but... I don't think I have ever been to a 4 star hotel with single beds! The room itself was fine though cooking facilities were a bit limited. On the plus side, the Apartments are located right by the inlet and close to shops, restaurants and other town facilities.

Room Tip: Be sure to make sure the rooms have what you want... maybe 2 singles could be for you!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear conatus.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We have 75 apartments available however on the night of your stay the only room that was available was the Studio Apartment which had been made up for a previous guest that required twin single beds. Our apartments have the flexibility of either one king size or two king singles. Usually they are made up as a king bed unless requested otherwise.
Studio Apartments offer a convection microwave oven, full size fridge and electric frypan. Portable hotplates are also available on request and we also have 4 outdoor BBQ areas for guests to use as well. If you do require further cooking facilities on your next stay I could suggest the Superior Waterfront rooms which include hotplates but unfortunately as mentioned before the only room available the night of your stay was the Studio Apartment.
Once again I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and we do hope you stay with us again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment (#9) during a business trip and found this hotel to be very good. Location-wise, I could walk to my appointments in the Port Augusta township - evrything was very close. The supermarket is directly opposite the hotel so I made use of the kitchen and cooked my own meals; sitting on the deck overlooking the harbour/bay(?).
The kitchen was well appointed with utensils and everything worked as it should.
There was a TV and DVD player in the room and a video store is a 5 minute walk away (they will arrange a short term account so you can rent movies).
The apartment was clean and the bed comfortable.
The site was very secure and the staff were very friendly.
2 small criticisms would be all of the pillows in the apartment were wafer thin, you may choose to travel with your own. Also, the linen (towels) was tiny, bath sheets would be more appropriate.
I will be travelling to Port Augusta from Perth every 8 weeks an this hotel will be my accommodation of choice.

Room Tip: Overlooking the water would be my choice. Also, take your own pillow.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Tapp0,
Thank you for choosing Majestic Oasis Apartments as your accommodation of choice when visiting Port Augusta. I agree that our location is a drawcard being close to shopping and the city centre. If you want to save yourself a walk we do have DVD’s available for hire at reception. Your comments regarding the towels and pillows are appreciated and they are regularly replaced so we can review our selection at that time. We do have additional pillows in the bedroom wardrobe if this is of any assistance. Once again I appreciate your comments and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Recently we stayed at the Majestic Oasis Apartment for one night on our way from Melbourne to Darwin. I settled the bill upon check-in as we were leaving at 5am the next morning. When we arrived to Darwin, I noticed there was a second charge to my credit card. I called up straight away and advised them of this. The response I got from the lady who answered the phone was "this happens all the time, papers are left lying around"... No apology! I expressed to her that I was not happy, and that if I had not checked my credit card transactions this extra charge would have been overlooked! Her response was that their manager starts after 9am, and if I wanted to complain I would need to call back later. She advised me that the lady who checked us in had posted $130 to another persons account.

I was disgusted with the unprofessionalism and lack of customer service! They called me back that same day and advised the refund had been processed, however is unsure how long it would take. When they charge you (even incorrectly) it goes through straight away, but returning the funds can take several days!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jas2011blue
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear Jas2011blue,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. It is my expectation that we provide outstanding Customer service to all of our guests, so I was very disappointed and concerned with the circumstances of the second charge to your Credit Card and the unprofessional service that you experienced when you rang us. Since your review, our Front Office Staff have attended a course on providing outstanding Customer Service and the staff member that posted the wrong charge has been retrained in the correct procedure. As a result of bringing it to my attention I have also reviewed the process of making refunds to credit cards. Although this is an extremely rare occurrence I appreciate that many Financial Institutions do take several days to process refunds, so going forward we will offer direct deposit refunds to guests which will mean funds can be deposited into guest’s accounts on the day the error is realised. Once again I appreciate your comments as it has allowed me to improve our service and processes for future guests. I know it is unlikely but if you would ever consider staying with us again please feel free to contact me directly.