“Modern, Complete & Clean.”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Port Augusta
Darwin
“Modern, Complete & Clean.”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've stayed in Port Augusta a couple of times...and if you're something of a discerning traveller the experience can be a daunting one.
On this occasion I wanted to leave nothing to chance and sought refuge here on "trip advisor".
The "Majestic Oasis Appartments" not only boasts an appealing name but featured positively in the reviews.
I arrived after dark and left before first light...but my experience was positively complete.
The place was booked out so I recommended phoning ahead...upon arriving I was greeted by professional staff whom reflected a typical relaxed country demeanor they made me feel instantly welcomed. The dining options finished at 9pm...but as if nothing was too much trouble the receptionist started phoning around town looking for a hot meal for her weary traveller.
The entire facility has a very safe feel to it.
The apartments are lovely! Quite new by the look of them...fully self contained with all the comforts you'd expect. Not over the top...but by far the most modern I've seen in Port Augusta.
The bathroom includes a washing machine...I didn't have a bath in my room and the shower has one of those water conservative high pressure spray heads...I guess every drop is sacred afterall. I still got washed and once I worked out where the hot water was I was not only clean but happy.
The massive King bed was one of the firmest I've ever encountered. I'm sure it appeals to some...but I do confess to having a compromised night sleep...as I like to sleep in a bed rather than on it.
I rate the Majestic Oasis very highly compaired to other stays in the area...and "Yes"...I'd definately stay again. If you like a firm bed...You'll never want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Puregolg
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Puregolg,

Thank you for choosing Majestic Oasis Apartments as your accommodation of choice when visiting Port Augusta on this occasion and am delighted you enjoyed your experience. I also appreciate your kind comments relating to our staff. We feel it is important to make all our Guests feel welcome, especially after a long drive.
If you would like a bath next time you stay I would suggest a Waterfront Spa Apartment. A great way to unwind.
Thank you for posting this review and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Majestic Oasis Apartments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed 21 February 2012

it has lots of room, small kitchen, and a washer/dryer. they where friendly and prompt at the front desk.

Room Tip: get 2 keys, to leave one plugged in at all times to keep the ac going or room is hot (metal roofs).
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear pure_jagerman,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about our Front Office Staff and also the in-room facilities. On days when the Weather forecast is 35 degrees or more we will always have the Air Conditioner on ready for your arrival – otherwise you are more than welcome to use the second key to keep it cool for your return.

England
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Once inside, the room was adequate and fairly well equipped – so a functional base for the night – if only you can ignore the exterior. With high railings all round and security swipe cards for the gates, it looked and felt like a Prisoner of War camp – a view heightened by the sheer ugliness of the apartment blocks: designer slums in the making. But if you want a base for just a night or two, then you’ll get by. Anything longer and you might need anti-depressants.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BrynEngland
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We only spent one night in Port Augusta: Christmas Eve!

Not sure what kind of expectations we had, but it sure wasn't what we got. The room was very nice (although you had to keep the curtains closed at all times as we had the alley right outside!) and really came with all amenities of an apartment (including washing machine!)

There was ample parking right outside the room and everything was clean and "modern" (which is kind of what I like). It wasn't super easy to find the place, but once we got there, we discovered just how close to everything else it was.

I think this is the kind of place that sees a lot of people "driving" through, either to or from the Outback. So were we, so we really only needed a place to sleep. Our room was one story only, so no noise from above as others have noted. Maybe something to ask for?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hans H
WestAussie
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Nicely designed new complex. Good location, can leave the car and walk for shopping.
Fully self contained. A bit noisy, any noise in the floor above is easily transmitted below to you, every footstep and word is heard. Good beds. Most rooms taken by permanents from government and contractors so parking can be tight and the early morning starts of the workers wake you with sunrise. Secure parking. Rooms overlook the water and the new foreshore developments. Can even watch the locals having a scooby outside your room on the grass foreshore, lock your room.

Room Tip: If you have a bad back, remember to ask for a ground level room. Try and get there early/mid afterno...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WestAussieOldTripper
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear WestAussieOldTripper
Thank you for choosing to stay with Majestic Oasis Apartments and I am glad you liked our uniquely designed complex. Although not a common complaint I can appreciate that sound travelling from upstairs is a significant issue – especially from the early risers you mentioned. As a result of your comments ‘acoustic underlay’ is being installed in all of our upstairs apartments within the coming months. This will significantly reduce any sound travelling from upstairs to the rooms below.
Regarding the parking – you are correct in that there is ample and secure parking but when there are a lot of government and contract workers in the area it can be hard to guarantee a park specifically in front of your room – but your vehicle will be safe and usually no further than 20-30 metres away at worse.
We do appreciate your valuable comments and trust that the changes we make as a result will ensure that your next stay is even more pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We (my partner and I) were passing through Port Augusta from Adelaide to Alice Springs. The Apartments are one of few 4 star hotels in the town. An so we expected something a little better than average. But sadly, we were disappointed by finding two single beds in our room. We were advised there were no other rooms available. But of course we could put the beds together... we did... but... I don't think I have ever been to a 4 star hotel with single beds! The room itself was fine though cooking facilities were a bit limited. On the plus side, the Apartments are located right by the inlet and close to shops, restaurants and other town facilities.

Room Tip: Be sure to make sure the rooms have what you want... maybe 2 singles could be for you!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear conatus.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We have 75 apartments available however on the night of your stay the only room that was available was the Studio Apartment which had been made up for a previous guest that required twin single beds. Our apartments have the flexibility of either one king size or two king singles. Usually they are made up as a king bed unless requested otherwise.
Studio Apartments offer a convection microwave oven, full size fridge and electric frypan. Portable hotplates are also available on request and we also have 4 outdoor BBQ areas for guests to use as well. If you do require further cooking facilities on your next stay I could suggest the Superior Waterfront rooms which include hotplates but unfortunately as mentioned before the only room available the night of your stay was the Studio Apartment.
Once again I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and we do hope you stay with us again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment (#9) during a business trip and found this hotel to be very good. Location-wise, I could walk to my appointments in the Port Augusta township - evrything was very close. The supermarket is directly opposite the hotel so I made use of the kitchen and cooked my own meals; sitting on the deck overlooking the harbour/bay(?).
The kitchen was well appointed with utensils and everything worked as it should.
There was a TV and DVD player in the room and a video store is a 5 minute walk away (they will arrange a short term account so you can rent movies).
The apartment was clean and the bed comfortable.
The site was very secure and the staff were very friendly.
2 small criticisms would be all of the pillows in the apartment were wafer thin, you may choose to travel with your own. Also, the linen (towels) was tiny, bath sheets would be more appropriate.
I will be travelling to Port Augusta from Perth every 8 weeks an this hotel will be my accommodation of choice.

Room Tip: Overlooking the water would be my choice. Also, take your own pillow.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Tapp0,
Thank you for choosing Majestic Oasis Apartments as your accommodation of choice when visiting Port Augusta. I agree that our location is a drawcard being close to shopping and the city centre. If you want to save yourself a walk we do have DVD’s available for hire at reception. Your comments regarding the towels and pillows are appreciated and they are regularly replaced so we can review our selection at that time. We do have additional pillows in the bedroom wardrobe if this is of any assistance. Once again I appreciate your comments and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.