“An oasis of silence and beauty in Bucovina!”
Review of Casa Elena

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Voronet
Casa Elena
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Voronet
Iasi, Romania
“An oasis of silence and beauty in Bucovina!”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

If you do not know Bucovina you lost a lot in life. There are so many beauties which you do not have in other places. Here very close to Casa Elena there is a famous monastery known like Monastery Voronet which had the unique "BLUE" all over the world. It is a UNESCO monument. So if you want to come and visit that monument you can choose to have accomodation at Casa Elena. I was there together with my husband in 2006 in October, and it was so good to discover that we had such good facilieties in such area. We stayed in that block building and I was amazed by the quality of the room, bathroom, inside of building. Very good of everything. We stayed on the last floor and the landscape from the our balcony was great. You can see from the photos. In October I saw roses there blooming at that time, unbelievable for that climate in that time of the year. The restaurant it is very clean and nice with very good food, and people are ready to make you feel comfortable and have what you want. I want to go there in the winter to have the New Year Eve to see how beautiful it is in the winter. If you want to have a oasis of relax and see the forest, to feel pure air in the morning come and stay to Casa Elena and you will not regret. Maybe prices can seems higher but anywhere nothing which is best is not cheap. So you can chose what you want and you will have it. Go and see the BLUE OF VORONET and breathe fresh air from the mountains. You will be other person for long time, a better one.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SafirAlbastru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This block of four rooms is located  next to the parking lot and not only do cars park right outside the doors, but people seem to congregate there.  I originally was assigned room 21 (room 22 is identical) and it was smallish and rather dark. I do not like ground floor rooms and was able to move to room 24 directly above room 21. It was a bit larger and brighter and shared a balcony with room 25.  This configuration would be great for a family needing two rooms as they can use the balcony as the connector or two women traveling together who want single rooms.

Thank goodness this room was super-clean, had cable TV and picked up wi-fi from the restaurant.  From what I learned from fellow tour participants Villa F has no wi-fi; and Villa D has wi fi only on the terrace. The enclosed shower was interesting with several water jets and in-shower radio. The hotel does not offer laundry service.

Restaurant was good, some wait staff a bit indifferent. But food was good.  Reception staff (probably a manager) will scream at you if you don’t understand what she is saying .  She just says it louder and with attitude.  I would recommend having the least amount of interaction with reception as possible.

The grounds are lovely with lots of places to sit and enjoy the atmosphere.

I stayed three nights and was happy to leave “Villa C”.

Room Tip: Do not accept Villa C unless it is offered at a really good price and you are on a a budget.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I am a self proclaimed hotel snob... I came here on the recommendation of a friend. We rented a 2 room suite... It was immaculate with wood furniture and pleasant decor. The bed was very comfortable. My teens found the couch beds in the living area a little hard- so perhaps we should have rented 2 doubles instead. My only suggestion might be room darkening shades in the bedroom but we wanted to be up early anyway. The gardens were stunningly beautiful, the childrens playground was beautiful and a perfect place to relax. We arrived after 10pm and the restaurant served us the BEST grilled pork and chicken I have had. The restaurant porch was such a delightful place to enjoy breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay... I was hesitant to book after reading the other reviews, but am so VERY GLAD I did... Hoping I can return!

• Stayed August 2011
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 11 August 2009

After 5 years I have returned to the Casa Elena. I did visit it once in between. The gardens and surroundings are still beautiful, and the buildings attractive. There has been some wear and tear, and this time we stayed in one of the apartments. These are not as nice as the standard or deluxe rooms, much more expensive, and the furnishings not as tasteful, rather old looking. The rooms are simply furnished and clean. There is no telephone in the rooms, nor internet connections. There is wireless access from the area of the restaurant., but this means walking around with your lap-top. The restaurant is overpriced, unlike most Romanian restaurants here you pay extra for your bread, jam, butter even for the mamaliga that accompanies you main course. The hotel is very popular and fills up at weekends. It is also the location for weddings and large groups. Whereas a few years ago it was the only place to stay in Voronets, .there are now many other hotels. However it still has a unique ambience. Although we had a nice balcony there were no furnishings.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 30 July 2009

There are 5 buildings at Casa Elena. We had a deluxe double room in one of the newer buildings. Our room was spacious with wooden floors and a large balcony. I am not sure about the standard rooms, the older buildings seem to need some work. The surrounding grounds are well tended with flowers and trees. There is a huge restaurant opened all day. The service is good and the food is correct. The staff at the reception desk is helpful and nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Bucharest
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Did you make reservation at Casa Elena as an organized group? If you are in the weddings season and somebody decides he wants their wedding there remember your advance and reservation will go hell - it is more profitable a wedding. You will be offer rooms at pensions around (cheaper anyway), and if the wedding is over before your leave you will find yourself moved by the owners of this pension house from the one tou were sent initialy to theirs (for not paying another 1 or 2 nights to the others pensions and keep the money). Specifically they will enter your room without being announced and move your things to the casa elena pension house - if that's not stealing I do not know what is. At the restaurant I think the prices are the most swollen from all the area - we ate much better and cheaper in casa domneasca near suceava. My recommendation - avoid this location so as not to have unpleasant surprises.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank eedx
romania
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Long story short:
Great location as far as landscape - but the management and services dreadful...
Firstly - the contract for 110 places reserved by a non-profit organisation was breached by providing only 55 places
Second - meals and drinks were at most acceptable for the money paid
Third but equaly important as the firs point - there were thefts fom the rooms, reported at the local Police and Consumer's Bureau
So - Never go here, you might have the worst vacation ever...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business