Puflene Resort
Pension Cristian(Murighiol)
Green Delta(Murighiol)
Blue House(Murighiol)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolnice resortperfect locationfish disheslakefishingyardacromaniasturgeonshoretripsbirdschannelsguidenature
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The so called 4 stars Hotel Resort is a shame!!! The food sucks (I had problems deciding what to feed my children with... they make a lot of fried food and the use the oil probably 200 times because the food tasted like old burned oil, the fish was not fresh, I was sick from barbequed "fresh" fish!!!!... the service at the pool is inexistent, there are no towels available at the pool, we could not sleep at all due to the nice and comfortable 4 stars hotel beds hard as bricks!!!!!! we had mold in the minibar refrigerator.... aaa!!! and not to forghet... we also had cockroaches caught on tape!!! Please DO NOT come here!!!! The 4 stars comfort and service is a big joke and a shameless mockery!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank vio_libra
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Even the location is great, the services at the beach bar were absolutely outrageos.We arrived at the pool and asked for help to the bar in order to get the ummbrella opened, unfortunately nobody help us.
More than that, the waitresses were totally unprepared to do this job.
They practically look and act like somebody picked them from the nearest village and asked them to do this job for one day!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GinaZ893
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Some aspect of our stay were very good to great some other were not so good.

The pool was very nice to play with our kids however, they should clean the sand out of it more frequently, the kids had their feet chewed up by the sand!

The ground were well maintained as were the rooms, the property reminded me of all inclusive resort in the caribean short of being all inclusive.

The service at the front desk could be improved with some more organization and faster check in and check out. I also found that different clients (group of doctors and winny city people) seemed to get better services than others regular travellers.

I found getting there not that easy following the suggestion of our GPS (southern road access), might be worth for the resort to strongly suggest future resident to come from Tulcea, the road was much better.

Finally the tours offered by the resort were nice, although more information ahead of time with regards to what type of boat you get and what you should bring (water) would have made our experience smoother. The one thing maybe the resort cannot fix, but should try, is the government agency stopping you on the water and talking of fines for traveller without proper documentation, that made the start of our tour unpleasant that day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HughintheFort
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for a couple of days in July 2014. I must say I had low expectations from what I've read in reviews. But I was very much surprised to find a clean and well kept place, good service and good food. About the service, either they improved since 2013 when the reviews are so bad or they care more for large groups of visitors. Nevertheless, other things are much better than stated by visitors from previous years: there were no bugs whatsoever in the room, the air inside is fresh, the Internet was working fine, the personnel are nice and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed there in May this year on my daughters half term. Myself and my daughters decided that its the time to explore Danube Delta. Puflene Resort its the best place to start exploring as it is with easy access to all wonderful channels of the Danube.
The hotel its newly open and it has everything for leisure and business. I did not found the other reviews fair as I had very good time there. The rooms are spacious and well decorated with AC and mini bar. Staff are very friendly and willing to help.
Food its various and tasty with a wide choice of deserts but of course my daughters they preferred the pancakes with sweet cheese which are marvellous.
The swimming pool was amazing and also the view over the lake. Tennis court, game room etc everything in one place so there its no need to look further.
The only downturn was that I had to witness some arrogant guest who has no consideration for people with kids who there were smoking like.....next to our table. The fact is that in Romania no one respects the non smoking policy in public spaces. What a shame!
Almost finishing my comment and forgot to mention that the beef roasted outside on the patio and the fish are lovely to try. I recommend end of May to go and visit as the weather was perfect not crowded and the views unbelievable. Can not wait to return. The hotel has its own guide tour and boats. Do not let the bad reviews to put you down. if you are going for holiday have fun and Do not start to look for faulty things as you may find!

Room Tip: If you want to hear the frogs in the night ask rooms next to the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family