10/10 if you need to be near the airport as it's about a 50mtr walk as you exit the arrivals area directly across the road. There is not much else around being in an industrial area, so your pretty much stuck there unless you have transport.
Typically at least two at the desk and sometimes 3 at peak times so it's usually a quick process.
I usually book direct and grab a "King Deluxe" deal. This gives you a high floor over looking the airport, full buffet breakfast and daily Internet, which is ok for speed and not to bad for a daily download limit. You have an ethernet and wireless option and can connect more than one device at a time, which often isn't the case.
Typical high quality modern rooms that you will find in the newer Novotel sites. Good size with all the bells and whistles including easy access TV inputs for your PC or media devices. Next to the comfy bed is an iHome stereo clock with older style iPod dock. Well stocked mini-bar with even a coffee machine. Plenty of hanging space with iron and security safe. The bathroom is large with separate toilet and if you like to watch the planes go by while your in the shower, you can slide the privacy screen across and do that to.
My only negative point is that the power outlets at the work desk is not suitable for transformer style chargers and Mac style power packs. They simply don't fit in so bring a small ext lead or your lead adaptor.
The 600mm cavity between two pains of thick glass ensures you will never hear anything from the outside world.
Resturaunt and Food
The full buffet breakfast was included and I though the range was excellent. Everything you would need both hot, cold, healthy and even Gluten free. The chef will cook you up fresh eggs any way you like. The most important thing is the coffee., which wasn't to bad and thats coming from a Fussy Melbournite. Alternatively they have some fresh juices, with the best being the giant on demand squeeze as it pours orange juicer.
Room service menu is on the less than interesting side, especially with a very small range of larger meals like steak,s etc. The restaurant menu is the same but has an extended range as well. I can only assume you can order from the extended range if you know what you want. The great thing about being right across from the international airport, is that your only 5min away from its food court.
Whats I thought was very innovative and considerate, was that in the dining room there are compact TV sets mounted to the frames hidden out of sight by the curtains. For those of you like me who travel on your own and generally dine the same, you can pull back the curtain slightly and not miss the evening news. These are only located on the outside glass wall for the two seat tables. The restaurant fills quickly, so recommend you make a booking, or expect to have a few drinks at the bar while you wait. Not necessarily a bad thing.
There are a few other Motel options up the road. I haven't stayed at any and not likely to, if the outsides are any indication of what lies within. Stick to the Novotel for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located beside Auckland International Terminal and 30 minutes to the city centre, Novotel Auckland Airport provides the perfect accommodation solution for guests travelling in and out of New Zealand. Combining the beauty of natural landscapes with cutting edge architectural design, this hotel features 263 elegant rooms and suites, theatre-style conference centre, 10 meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar plus a fully equipped gym. Parking available at airport, fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Auckland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel Mangere
- Novotel Auckland Airport New Zealand