I stayed one night before an early flight out of Auckland Airport. The shuttle to and from the airport works well and takes you right to the front door, and the Sudima is the last stop before the airport, so you get from the hotel to the airport in about 5 minutes. It only runs every 30 minutes, so check the schedule.
The room was compact, but fine for me! The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom very nice and modern. The place was spotless and there was no noise noticeable. The pool looked nice, and there was a small fitness area. The staff were pleasant enough. The bar had a good selection and nice ambience.
The one thing that was a disappointment was the clarity of the television picture. The TVs are nice large LCDs, but the picture certainly isn't high definition! I was say it is even worse than the quality you would get on an old CRT - it was difficult to watch the rugby, and trying to follow the tennis ball at the French Open was impossible! This really needs to be addressed. And there were only two sports channels to choose from (which is normal in NZ, but more and more places are offering three or more).
Overall, a very convenient place to stay, and very modern. Good value at the rate I paid (mystery hotel deal).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel is backed by a 4.5 Qualmark rating and maintains the highest environmental standards. Opened in 2011, Sudima Auckland Airport hotel is less than 2 km from both the domestic and international terminals and offers 153 well appointed rooms. Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel is the first hotel in New Zealand to be awarded the CarbonZero certificate. All rooms are elegantly designed to enhance your experience. You'll enjoy delicious cuisine prepared by our award winning chefs in our restaurant and bar, work out in our gym, built to performance standards, and relax in style in our indoor heated pool. Your hotel experience alone will be well worth the trip. Well-appointed rooms featuring • High speed WiFi throughout the Hotel (charges apply) • Flat screen TV with cable and pay TV • Double glazed window • Total blackout curtains • Tea and coffee making facilities • Shower over bath • Individual Climate Control • Iron and ironing board • 24 hours front desk service • Radio alarm clock • Safe deposit box • Minibar in rooms (based on request only) • Two Double beds (King Bed on request only) • Complimentary parking during stay • FREE access to hotel indoor heated swimming pool and gym. • Airport transfer 24/7 (charges apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel Mangere
- Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel New Zealand