Booked and paid for two rooms to be interconnecting using BarterCard. Received confirmation. On arrival was told that no interconnecting were available and the rooms were across each other. The receptionist blamed BarterCard for the wrong booking. As I was travelling with elderly sister, I insisted on a interconnecting room. I was reluctantly provided one after a 15 min wait. The hotel is 4.5 star by NZ standard (4 star in Aussie maybe). The rooms were not large but adequate. Furnishing was good. Was expecting a pillow top bed but it was acceptable. Light switches were fancy but difficult to find in the dark, even by feel as they were almost flush to the fittings. Could not find the clock so had to keep switching mobile to check time. General cleaning OK but bathroom tiles and grout had not been cleaned properly. The white carpet was badly stained and needs a good steam clean. The wake up call at 4.15 AM went OK and I was in time to catch the shuttle. That is when things went wrong. There was no one at reception so I left card on desk to catch the shuttle before it left. As there was still 5 minutes left, I went back to reception,(by then the receptionist was back.) She proceeded to check me out. Then she asked for payment. When told it was already paid, she said there was no record. I asked asked her to sort it out with Bartercard office. Her response was pay now or she will charge my credit card. Reluctantly I handed her my BarterCard. She ran it through the Eftpos machine but got declined. I think she used the wrong Eftpos machine. She then proceeded to get authorisation for 1 room. When told there were two rooms, amended the authorisation. Upon return and checking my statement, I find there is one payment and two authorisations. Hopefully they will not charge me 3 times. Not impressed with the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel is backed by a 4.5 Qualmark rating and maintains the highest environmental standards. Opened in 2011, Sudima Auckland Airport hotel is less than 2 km from both the domestic and international terminals and offers 153 well appointed rooms. Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel is the first hotel in New Zealand to be awarded the CarbonZero certificate. All rooms are elegantly designed to enhance your experience. You'll enjoy delicious cuisine prepared by our award winning chefs in our restaurant and bar, work out in our gym, built to performance standards, and relax in style in our indoor heated pool. Your hotel experience alone will be well worth the trip. Well-appointed rooms featuring • High speed WiFi throughout the Hotel (charges apply) • Flat screen TV with cable and pay TV • Double glazed window • Total blackout curtains • Tea and coffee making facilities • Shower over bath • Individual Climate Control • Iron and ironing board • 24 hours front desk service • Radio alarm clock • Safe deposit box • Minibar in rooms (based on request only) • Two Double beds (King Bed on request only) • Complimentary parking during stay • FREE access to hotel indoor heated swimming pool and gym. • Airport transfer 24/7 (charges apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel Mangere
- Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel New Zealand