Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel
US$99
US$96
Agoda.com
1,261 results
All reviewsindoor poolvilla mariablackout curtainsbusiness tripauckland airportroom servicethe air conditioningyellow busgreat facilitiespillow menuindustrial areamodern hotelstayed one nightnew zealandconvenient locationnext morningbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Efficient service, polite & professional staff, clean, quiet, well furnished, free parking, great package deal.

Room service has no surcharge.

Only negative is the breakfast buffet is very plain for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Booked and paid for two rooms to be interconnecting using BarterCard. Received confirmation. On arrival was told that no interconnecting were available and the rooms were across each other. The receptionist blamed BarterCard for the wrong booking. As I was travelling with elderly sister, I insisted on a interconnecting room. I was reluctantly provided one after a 15 min wait. The hotel is 4.5 star by NZ standard (4 star in Aussie maybe). The rooms were not large but adequate. Furnishing was good. Was expecting a pillow top bed but it was acceptable. Light switches were fancy but difficult to find in the dark, even by feel as they were almost flush to the fittings. Could not find the clock so had to keep switching mobile to check time. General cleaning OK but bathroom tiles and grout had not been cleaned properly. The white carpet was badly stained and needs a good steam clean. The wake up call at 4.15 AM went OK and I was in time to catch the shuttle. That is when things went wrong. There was no one at reception so I left card on desk to catch the shuttle before it left. As there was still 5 minutes left, I went back to reception,(by then the receptionist was back.) She proceeded to check me out. Then she asked for payment. When told it was already paid, she said there was no record. I asked asked her to sort it out with Bartercard office. Her response was pay now or she will charge my credit card. Reluctantly I handed her my BarterCard. She ran it through the Eftpos machine but got declined. I think she used the wrong Eftpos machine. She then proceeded to get authorisation for 1 room. When told there were two rooms, amended the authorisation. Upon return and checking my statement, I find there is one payment and two authorisations. Hopefully they will not charge me 3 times. Not impressed with the service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SudimaAuckland, Manager at Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest, we have clearly missed the mark on a number of occasions, and for this I sincerely apologise. We shall review our communication and procedures with the Bartercard Team to ensure such inconveniences are not repeated.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Much nicer than I thought it would be. The parking was very convenient out the front and our room was lovely. The beds and pillows were firm, but not hard. The shower was typically too short (I'm 6foot), and the water pressure was not anything to rave about, but it was well kitted out with plenty of towels and toiletries if you needed them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Ronnie68, thank you for your comments and great to hear we made a good first impression.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel is a little more polished than most transit hotels but also had very afforable rate. I stayed 1 night recently in a standard room. There is a free bus that stops just outside arrival hall (no signage). Note this is 'not' a shuttle instead a large public transport type bus that does about 4 of the hotels around airport. The sudima was the last stop. I think it runs about every 30 min. Also note that the same type bus can take you back to airport next morning but costs $10NZ, reception can advise times.

Check in was prompt and all the staff i encounted during my short stay were professional and helpful. Room is modern, well set out with a comfortable bed and small bathroom. Unfortunatley no fridge. Room service available. Menu actually on TV itself and pretty standard stuff. Ordered a pizza and it was ok and deliveried within 20 min.

Good range of TV channels available and found hotel quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gypsygirl_8
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Turned up at 1am. Used a taxi because the shuttle didn't show. told I had not booked a twin despite my reservation confirming I had. told no twin room available. no roller bed or cot. So I slept on the floor. which was pretty good as floors go.

Could the shuttle drop us to the rental car place (which was on the way to the airport)? No. You have to call them. Can we use your phone? No.

Should be called the Nohotel.

Its cheap though. Perhaps because they only need to employ people who can say no. imagine the training "So you're doing nothing and a guest would like help? No problem. just say no. then you can get back to being as useful as a turd."

Never again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank David S
SudimaAuckland, General Manager at Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear guest, great to see you back! You keep promising you won't and you keep surprising us. We also love the feedback, some of its almost unbelievable. The Hotel has numerous Triple/Twin rooms and or roll aways beds. The Hotel Shuttle runs 20 hrs a day 7 days a week with out fail. The Hotel is dotted with phones, we even have them in the rooms!
However, we continue to improve our services and standards, its a promise, and we trust this time you''ll keep yours.

Kind regards