“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Kaikoura, New Zealand
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very convenient Hotel to airport, bus shuttle to and from airport great at minimal cost. All services and facilities excellent. Only regret not getting chance to use heated pool and gym on this visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I always stay at the Sudima at Auckland Airport if I have to overnight there before travel. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is set up well for that casual stay. its only a few minutes from the airport and this trip I got a taxi there when I landed. That was $35 so beware (Auckland percent price). The next morning I got the bus back into the airport for my next flight. Nobody told me that you needed to buy a ticket (something for Sudima staff to remember) so there was a mad panic to buy $6 voucher from a machine in the reception while the bus waited, and i was not the only one. Most hotels have their own bus so I would think that when I asked about bus times I would be told.
The meals are pretty good in the restaurant and I found the bar staff helpful, and courteous and no pressure to pay up front. The bed was comfortable but pillow choices would be helpful, or two types of pillow on the bed as we don't all sleep well with the same pillow. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We checked in & a girl at the counter was so lovely, (didn't get to catch her name- 08.08.14 around 6pm) she greeted us with a warm smile, checked us in & also gave us a brief on where everything is before we headed up to our room. We were on level 6 - stayed one night and i will 100% go to this hotel again. One night was not enough for us. The pool was amazing. The only down for us was we have to go through reception to get to the pool, it was okay going towards the pool but when we finish our swim we had to go pass reception and a few guest that were checking in on our way to the lifts with our wet clothes to get back up to our rooms.. but overall i loved this hotel...for sure will be recommended

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great rooms, nice & clean. Courteous staff. Restaurant food was excellent along with the service. My only negative comment is that the tea/coffee/milk facilities weren't topped up each morning and maybe the heating was a little too high on arrival!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Lynn583
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I only stayed one night. After supplying all my personal details with my online booking, I arrived at midnight and had to then resupply my personal details to the person at reception and then fill a paper form. At breakfast the next morning a group of us queued as a rather grumpy and officious woman again gathered our details. The hotel internal systems appear antiquated and repetitious. Never stay their again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank hotelregularnz
Sudima_Management, General Manager at Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2015
Kia Ora John

I apologize we didn't meet your expectation during your recent stay. We aim to make everyone's stay at Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel a comfortable and enjoyable experience. we're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service. I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. Feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to make any suggestions on how we could make our customer experience better.

Riza A. Suryo
Hotel Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Flight from Hong Kong was delayed for 20 hours, only reached auckland at 6am. Obviously early check in wasn't available therefore just dropped off the bags and left. The lady was nice enough to allow breakfast that day instead of my departures-which I won't have since I will be catching an 8am flight.
Breakfast starts from 6am a really simple one-2 selections of ham, one kind of cheese, few croissants, 3 juices, few cereal, hash brown, sausage and that's about it. Don't expect a big breakfast.
My room was on 4/F. A well appointed one, remember to bring your own toothbrush.
Just a 10 minutes drive from the airport. Easy.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Fabulous room great food - breakfast buffet great valure. All staff were courteous and friendly. My only comment would be the lack of TV channels - probaly not an issue for 1 night, but I spent 3 nights so would have preferred more choices on the TV.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business