Oakwood Manor
    US$106
    US$124
    US$115
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewssmall kitchenettefan heaterfree shuttlenext morningstayed here for two nightslounge areaarrived lateone night stayqueen bedcomfortable staynew zealandbeds were comfortablerental carafter midnightwake up callinternational flightairport shuttle
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband is the one who stayed here for one night, on a trip to Auckland. He has said the accomodations were brilliant: clean, reasonably up to date, very presentable, and comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The airport shuttle service was top knotch, no waiting, no hassle. The restaurant food was delicious, although he did say he had to wait quite a while for his night meal due to lack of staff apparently that night. The free breakfast was awesome and a good range of food. Overall, he as asked me to do the report, as he felt he wanted to give them a thumbs up, and we paid only $69 for the room, free shuttle, and breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank Lisabug1964
    Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you are looking for a cheap, friendly place to stay near Auckland Airport then this is the place for you. After arriving into Auckland after midnight it was a blessing to have the courtesy driver collect us from the airport and take us back to the hotel. ( There was one small hiccup - when I rang from the airport phone no one answered and I had to leave a message. That was because the driver was out on another run ) Our room had twin beds, instead of the requested queen bed, but it didn't matter. The room was very dated but had everything we needed for one quick night close to the airport and as we only paid $55 for the room we were very happy. The next morning we were even able to get a free ride to where we were picking up our campervan. We couldn't fault this service and the friendliness of the person at reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had the pleasure of being a guest on the day the revived Oakwood Manor was opened officially by the Prime Minister John Key. I called the hotel from the airport, (Go to I-Site and dial 22) for a pickup as a free shuttle service is provided. In no time at all I was picked up and driven to Oakwood Manor which is a 10 minute drive from the airport. I was greeted by happy friendly staff and given the key to my room. Room was very clean and spacious. New beds and new televisions had just been put in the refurbished rooms. The Prime Minister arrived and the hosts and staff put on a wonderful welcome for him. Very professional. There is a restaurant on site with a very appetizing selection of meals. The food is delicious and service is wonderful. Bed was very comfortable and had a beautiful peaceful sleep. I went in to try the breakfast in the morning as I wanted to catch a bus in to the city (leaves directly out the front). A fabulous assortment of fresh muffins (delicious!) cereals, toast, fruits, cooked breakfast too. Coffee, tea, juices. The list goes on!
    This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are exceptional, comfortable, clean and quiet, staff friendly and accomodating. Food delicious and of great variety, rental cars available at reception and there is also a pool which I will definitely use when I revisit in the warmer months.
    I highly recommend Oakwood Manor and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    4  Thank MEGAN R
    Reviewed 21 June 2014

Maybe under new management now Oakwood manor has changed and upgraded !! Perfect stay .. Rooms are great value super happy I went back !! See you all next time I'm in auckland nice effort team .. Forgot to ask about room service .. Restaurant is a must try

• Stayed: June 2014
    1  Thank Beautee_ozzy
    Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

With 21 days free parking per one night stay this suited our purposes perfectly for the start and finish of a recent long overseas trip.
    Upon arrival, and with heavy luggage, our pre allocated room was immediately changed to one with direct vehicle access. Thank you.
    Upon our return that experience was repeated! Thank you again.
    The free airport transfers were trouble free, and prompt.
    Room fine.
    Staff excellent (thank you Tania, and others!).
    Only (minor) "complaint" - some dishes on the small restaurant menu a little overpriced ( notably the mushroom fettuccine that my wife had - my fish and chips were cheaper, excellent, and far better value)!
    This will certainly now be our hotel of choice when flying in/out of Auckland.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple