“Bad customer Service”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Hobart
“Bad customer Service”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here to save time getting an early flight, I asked for a none smoking room, on arrival all windows where open and during the night you could smell the smoke, room was clean. The shower was about six inches off the floor of the bathroom and was made of stainless steel and retained the heat if you where having a hot shower, not a shower for the elderly. I got the free shuttle to the airport, the driver appeared and told us the van was outside and to put our own bags in the shuttle, he looked half asleep, when we got to the airport I thanked him and he never even replied to me, I felt like I was a nuisance to this guy. Also the person next door had there TV going and it was hard to get to sleep for a 4:30 departure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 May 2013

For the price you pay, this can be considered a decent airport motel. Rooms are dated but clean and spacious. The location is good for a one or two night stay before leaving via Auckland airport, but I would not recommend it for an extended stay.

1 Thank traveller20102
NZ
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Good value for money and every thing we needed. Clean and tidy,towles changed and beds made-even had the few dishes we had left done while we were out for the day. Room was clean and the only thing we would have to say as a negative was there was no Sky TV. We were also a little unsure what we would find. But have to say pleasntly surprised and would return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2013

we actually booked to stay twice in march in this motel. First is was a one day and second was a two-day stay.

When we checked in first day on 4:00pm we were surprised to be told that our credit card has been charged for one day already so we have no way to use cash to pay it. It looks like the owner is very cautious of the cancellation of the booking. Then we told the owner that we will be coming back two days later and stay again. The owner took the note that we will pay cash on the next arrival.

The room is obviously very large. The furniture are on average with full kitchenette. This would allow you to prepare for a simple breakfast if you buy things from super market. Unfortunately there was no kitchen tower so I have to go to the motel office to ask for it twice.

The fixtures quality needs a bit of attention. The screws from the shower handle was missing so it dropped very easily. I could see there are quite a number of dents on the stainless still bottom so it is obviously an issue that was not fixed for quite some time.

You would need to prepare your own shampoo and shower gel as the motel only provides a basic thing there.

On the second time check-in the owner gave us an upgrade to a bigger room which is much better than before. It was a weekend and there were not much booking so we were lucky.

There is a free wifi there. However the wifi AP is installed just on the top of the management office in the front. If your room is in the far end then your wifi signal would be very weak and slow.

The motel is close to the airport and offers free pick up to airport. However there is no supermarket or restaurant near by and you have to drive to the town to get them.

Room Tip: If you really care about Wifi ask for a room close to the front management office as Wifi AP is ther...
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is a long, honest, but positive review:
I was very nervous booking a room at this motel due to the varying reviews I found online. I decided to take a chance and book a room for two nights. My husband and I arrived in the late afternoon after landing at the Auckland International Airport. We were very surprised by the exterior of the motel; however, we decided to not continue on and see what the interior of our room looked like rather than judging the "book by it's cover".
We checked in without any problem; received a WiFi Code (included in room price), and went up to our room.
Our room was large, tidy, and simple. The TV was huge! The kitchenette was well equipped with tea, coffee, sugar, milk, cups/saucers, and glasses. Plenty of space near the refrigerator and microwave to prepare simple snacks/drinks.
The bathroom was clean; no curtains on the window, but the glass was opaque/frosted to keep privacy. The shower was spacious but only had a small space for a bar of soap- the rest of my toiletries were left for the floor of the shower.
We had an issue (simple) with the water heater our first night- the water would only run cold. My husband went down to the office around 9pm to ask for assistance, and the owner promptly responded in person- fixed the issue with a smile!
The bed was incredibly comfortable. There wasn't an overhead fan, but a portable fan left on the floor for use. We left the windows open at night for a nice breeze. The area is quiet at night, however, it does get a bit loud around 6-8am. Easily muffled with the windows closed.
We had a great stay. I recommend this motel for anyone looking for a very (inexpensive) simple but clean place to sleep.

2 Thank MCare
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We booked this hotel only on the basis of its affordability and proximity to the Auckland airport, the fact that there was a free ride from the airport even at 11pm and a free pickup from the rental car company. Were we surprised! The room was gigantic, actually THREE rooms, with a queen and two twin beds. There was a wide-screen TV, a dining table, a full kitchen with an electric stove, mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker, full-size cupboards, sink, pots and pans and dishes. The shower had a stainless steel floor (interesting). There was no blow dryer provided, and the bathroom had no plugs for one, but there were lots of other plugs in the room, as well as a portable fan and heater. Best of all, everything was absolutely spotless and meticulously maintained! If we hadn't been passing through, we might have enjoyed a second night.

Room Tip: The second floor can be reached by stairs only.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Decided to stay here for the last night of a family trip around North Island due to the proximity to Auckland airport & free morning shuttle to the terminal (as we had an early flight out). As I was traveling with my husband & his parents I booked us 2 separate double rooms via Agoda; the price seemed reasonable and I was soon to discover why...

On arrival we were told that "by mistake" we had been booked into one large "family unit" but assured it had 2 double bedrooms and we were offered a $30 refund if took the room. Having no choice (as apparently all other rooms were full) we accepted and were shown to an essentially one-bedroom apartment with a double bed in what should be the living area - not ideal for a family of adults who value their privacy and space.

The bathroom was so basic that there was not even soap provided, the shower screen did not fit the bath so the floor flooded and there was no bin. The kitchennette area (which of course also served as a bedroom / lounge) was not very clean, the fridge had clearly been switched off long ago and the door left shut and smelled mouldy, the ancient microwave was propped up at an awkward angle balanced on 2 large phone books (my father-in-law, a retired engineer, said "For God's sake nobody use that microwave or we'll all burn in our beds!") and in the communal area (which of course was also our bedroom) there were no bedside lights just a full-glare beam with the switch at the other side of the room by the door.

In the interests of fairness I will say this place was a lot cheaper than other options near the airport and I suppose we got what we paid for. Just be prepared for somewhere very basic if you decide to book here. Ultimately the sheets were clean, the beds comfortable, the water hot and we got a 630am ride to the airport without any fuss. However had I personally known what it would be like prior to booking I would have paid more for a better standard of accommodation.

Room Tip: Phone and send an email prior to your trip to make sure you are actually given the room(s) you have...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maddi_In_Aus

Travellers are raving about these Mangere hotels