“An amazing stay”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“An amazing stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

free shuttle service and and there bathrooms and rooms were excellent and there restaurant service and food was amazing too. i had a great time in this hotal and will surly come and stay again. rooms prices are also quite reasonable . will visit again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jams r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2012

well this was my 2nd time and I was certain about this place and decided to put a comment,this place offers you a stay at a very economical price.They have got a bar,restaurant,pool and moreover they are about 10 minutes away from the airport. Definitely free shuttle to and from the airport is a draw card.What else can you ask for at such a great price.I advise people who are leaving Auckland or coming to Auckland can have a very peaceful stay before and after their flights,even if I have to stay a little longer I will not mind.Plus the staff is very friendly and cheerful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Sem D
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

It is a conveniently located hotel for traveller. Its excellent value as they provide pick up and drop off 24 hrs . Newly renovated bathroom and room is excellent. Enjoyed our stay. It has a bar and restaurant which we enjoyed thoroughly.
we will be back

Room Tip: rooms facing outside as they are close to car parking
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank victor s
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I found a good deal on ShortRates and I thought I would enjoy a pleasant stay at Airport Gateway in Auckland, but when I got there, first they charged my credit card immediately, which in many other motels I stayed in, and I do that often, they would not charge your card until you leave just in case anything goes wrong or you decide for any urgent matters that you would not be able to stay the length of time first anticipated.

Then, the room was shocking, old, dirty bathroom, and a light switch that I thought would electrocute me every time I tried to turn lights on and off.

the pathetic dirty looking grounds at the back were disgusting....then i remembered why it was a cheap deal. and I promised myself NOT to stay in that motel EVER again. and I will not talk about the soft old beds or the "had it" towels they give you ....just pathetic

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank adam a

Travellers are raving about these Mangere hotels

Dunedin
Reviewed 22 July 2012

After a long international flight we were picked up from the airport by the courtesy coach. During the trip to the hotel I was extremely concerned by the drivers erratic and wreck less driving with little regard for his passengers safety. On arrival our group did not have high expectation due to the cost of the accommodation. However one did not expect to be informed that the hotel was having a private function in which the high noise level could be heard in most parts of the hotel. After initial discussion about this, our group was advised that this function will end at a given time. After this given time our group tolerated the noise for a further hour but due to our early morning flight returned to the reception to again address the continuing noise level. The function appeared to end in the early hours of the morning. When I am at a hotel (especially an airport hotel) I expect that I can sleep at anytime and not have to wait until a party is finished. After an unsettled night our group was in the process of leaving and was confronted in the hall way with multiple patches of human vomit. All our concerned werel addressed with the duty manager at reception in response he walked away and would not discuss this.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob175
Anjana K, Manager at Airport Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Hi Bob,
First of all please do accept my due apologies for the inconvienient stay you had at our hotel..
I am extremely sorry for what happened that night. I shall certainly reprimand the driver for careless driving. The party that night was suppose to finish at 11pm, it was a 21st birthday party and hence the loud music, but , none the less, I do accept you should not have been disturbed.We shall certainly not let this happen again in future.
Such an incident has happened for the first time and I shall ensure it will not happen again.
Regards
Ajay
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My daughter and myself stayed here for a night on our way to Melbourne, and then again on our return. It was great, the rooms were clean and tidy, and the service we got was fine. We ate at the restaurant both of the nights and had a lovely meal. The service to and from the airport was excellent, and our free car parking was good too. Will stay here again on our next trip away and would definitely recomend.

Room Tip: We asked for rooms with a bath and air con, they were nicer rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RonPH1
Coalisland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed 2 weeks and they cleaned the room and gave new towels every morning. Room service is 100% and it is quiet. It could do with some refurbishment because the furniture was old. internet costs extra. Shower is good, always hot water.

Room Tip: We paid 580 nzd for 2 weeks
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple