“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Would highly recommend - excellent friendly service, fantastic breakfast and top quality clean rooms. Great assistance from staff when sorting transport back to airport for our group. A place to stay at again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ryan S, Ryan - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Kia Ora Leeanne,
Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.
It was wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that the service from the team was a highlight.
Ryan.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Auckland Airport

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent one night using points at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport. The hotel is about 10 mins away from the airport using the YellowBus shuttle ($6 per person each-way, also stops at the Ibis and a few other hotels). Checkin was efficient and we were given a ground floor room. It was a bit of a walk to the rooms. Room was a good size, clean and had no problems but hotel overall felt a bit dated. I had free wifi through my Platinum status.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Kia Ora,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad that the hotel suited your needs during your travels in New Zealand and that the service and free WiFi for IHG Rewards Club Members impressed you.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was only there for the one night, but the good things for me was the buffet dinner and breakfast, all of this was very fressh and hot, it was also very good for when you are in a hurry. The rooms were ok, bed comfortable. the only real downside for me was not being able to use the gym in the morning due to it not being open until 7am.
I would stay again, bus was good and on time

Kia Ora,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologise if you received some misleading information about our new gym. Our new gym opened at Easter is now open 24 hours a day, pervious gym had a 7am opening.
Ryan.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here 9th July 2014 while transiting to Wellington. It's 15 mins from airport and their is shuttle bus that cost 6 dollars. Room was fine but most significant issue is that it has no lift so if on the first floor you have to cart 28 kg up the stairs! .

Room Tip: Book ground floor
1  Thank colinandness
Ryan S, Ryan - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Kia Ora Colin,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport. It was great to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.

The hotel is only 4 kilometres from the airport so a 15 minute trip really is at the extreme end of the Yellow Bus Airport Shuttle trip averages. I am sorry if our location was not what you were expecting.

I can understand and empathise with you regarding your heavy bags but I am delighted to let you know that I have a couple of great alternatives for your next stay. We are a full service hotel and Concierge is on standby 24 hours a day to help you with your luggage. In addition we only have two floors, this means half our rooms are on the ground floor. The Reception team is usually on the look out for guests with heavy luggage and will allocate ground floor rooms but if for any reason we miss spotting heavy luggage please do not hesitate to request a ground floor room.

Thank you again for your feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I have to admit a bias against Holiday Inn from previous poor experiences but as u was arriving late and leaving early from a long haul flight I was looking for convenience above all else. This hotel is located close to Auckland airport with a shuttle operating every 30 minutes at a nominal price.
I was delighted to find a brand new high quality gym filled with a large range of excellent equipment.

Dining was also a real treat with a very adequate dinner menu and the best breakfast of the trip.

Result: a change in attitude to Holiday inn. I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Kia Ora Karen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Auckland Airport experience.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the new gym and breakfast experience. We are really proud of our new gym complete with treadmills, bikes, cross trainers, rowing machine, weights machines, free weights and yoga/stretching area. It is great that our guests can keep up their fitness program when they are away from their usual gym.

We have also recently given our breakfast offering a complete overhaul. There is now a lot more to choose from but my favourite additions are the create your own fresh juice and our Egg Chef manning a live station creating breakfast favourites of your choice. Choc chip banana pancakes are my top tip.

I am glad that you loved the new Holiday Inn experience. We hope to see you again soon and please be confident that you will find a very similar level of great product and service at all Holiday Inns now days.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights arriving at 2am for the 1st night, service was good, we asked to switch rooms due to too much luggage to take upstairs and even at that time was no issue, bringing the fold away bed and things our friends had left in the room as a surprise for us to the new room. slow with room service when we were ordering and i did have to call about 5 or 6 times to get service to my room due to a large group check in and out.
will definitely stay here again, its convenient for me when visiting home, as well as got a decent eatery for breakfast in house, or outside across the road.
Housekeeping were very good, however hotel itself seemed quite cold and damp just like NZ.
The hotel itself was loud - i could hear everybody walking around outside the halls or up and down the stairs. very loud steps.
its alot bigger than i expected and the rooms were decent sized.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Kia Ora Tiressa,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

I do apologise that your stay was not quite perfect. There is definitely a couple of areas of your stay that we can improve on for your next visit. I will be sure to share your commentary with the team so we can follow up.

Not too much I can do about the weather though. I will say that last week during your stay it was exceptionally wet, almost a cyclonic weather pattern, very unusual for Auckland. This week we have had beautiful sunshine all week and the landscapes are green and lush. That's NZ for you and that's why the green velvet like rolling hills of the north island are so stunning.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here twice in the last month, once before leaving for an overseas trip and when returning. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful, also quick to get your room sorted for you. This is especially appreciated after a long flight and a late night arrival. We left our car here for the 17 nights that we were away, and although my husband was worried that some damage might be done to it left unattended (as had happened previously at a park and fly place) everything was safe and fine on our return. The free bus to take us to the airport and pick us up was great, quick and reliable. Although the hotel seems like a rabbit warren with the rooms off all directions, the rooms that we had were fine. They were clean, and had been upgraded to a modern standard. We ate a buffet in the restaurant one night,and this was lovely. We also had the express breakfast ($10) as we were in a rush which was more than adequate with toast, pastries and coffee. We will stay here again, and probably won't wait until our next overseas trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Kia Ora,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and I do hope that your overseas holiday was just as good.