“Great location for early flight.”

Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Essex, United Kingdom
“Great location for early flight.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We booked this as we had an early flight to catch the following day and were not expecting much, we had used points from my husband's loyalty card to pay for it so if it had been poor, at least it was free!

How wrong were we.....check in brilliant thanks to the English guy (sorry rubbish at names) and the poor girl who was on her first day, despite that very helpful, thank you.
Long walk to our room but was well equipped, very warm, had everything we needed. Dumped our cases and made our way to dinner. Did not fancy the buffet in the main restaurant so went to the bar instead. Seats comfy and a good choice of food, shame about the drunk bloke swearing profusely (his mates looked embarrassed too) but as bar was full we couldn't move. further away. Good food and great service.

Check out was quick and easy and the pre arranged taxi was there on time.

Well done Holiday Inn Auckland you got it right, it is perfect for a pre flight stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Mangonui, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had the misfortune of missing a connecting flight to Kerikeri because my international flight was delayed, so was put up here by Air New Zealand. I was not looking forward to it, as I thought it would not be much, and assumed that noise would mean a bad night's sleep. Well I was completely wrong. The reception area is lovely and inviting. My partner asked for a quiet room, and I thought yeah right, but that is what we got. No plane noise, no other noise from other guests, nor traffic noise. The rooms are well appointed and the decor is modern and new looking. It was a cold night, but the rooms are lovely and warm. We were given vouchers for dinner and breakfast, but I did not actually experience these as the whole ordeal left my appetite dead, but the restaurant and bar did look nice, and it is very convenient if staying for just a night or two. Overall I was very impressed, so much so, that if I need to stay somewhere to catch a flight in future this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: Not sure if it makes a difference, but we asked for a quiet room, and we got one. So if you have a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Convenient location by the International Airport and seems to be a very popular place as it remained full & busy during my three day stay. My first room had a locked door to an adjoining room which wasn't appropriately soundproofed. Asked for a room swap at 11pm as couldn't sleep. Staff were very understanding and moved me to another room without complaint. Much better! Has an excellent gym with bran spanking new cardio & weight gear, AWESOME. Only downside was that it didn't open until 07:00. Buffet meals in restaurant were decent quality but repetitious. Some trays looked a bit tired but that probably depends on when you choose to dine. Breakfast buffet very decent too. Rooms were well appointed, decent size and clean. My advice is avoid rooms with adjoining doors. Staff friendly, efficient, helpful. By no means a five star but a good value 3 to 4 star place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is the fourth time I've stayed here and I'd stay again. If you don't need to be in town and want to stay close enough to the airport that you can get there without getting stuck in traffic but be far enough away to not be woken by planes flying overhead then this place is perfect. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Good restaurant. The only annoying thing is that you have to pay for wifi (why do chain hotels do that?!) and the breakfast buffet is well overpriced ($27). Who can eat $27 worth of breakfast food?! However these things are minor. I'd recommend the holiday inn.

• Stayed August 2014
Rotorua District, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was awesome. The staff were efficient and friendly, the rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was great, loved the fruit juicer. Location was good, shuttle to airport cost $6 per person, however we had a park and stay package which included shuttle. Will return.

Room Tip: Ground floor was convenient.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I was recently put up in the Holiday Inn for a night by my airline after a delayed flight, the reception area was pleasantly modern and inviting. It's quite a large facility I think it would be a good place for work conferences/business meetings. Their breakfast buffet was fairly extensive, the rooms were clean and the beds were actually very comfortable. One downside is that there are no lifts only stairs which you can imagine is a bit of an inconvenience for those with larger suitcases or bags. The complex isn't particularly modern or 'flash' but for an over night stopover it was great.

Stayed July 2014
Ryan S, Ryan - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Kia Ora Becs,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

I am sorry to hear your flight was delayed but it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and service impressed you.

We are a full service 4.5 star hotel and have 24 hour Concierge on duty to help with luggage. We are only a two story building so we do try to allocate guests with heavy bags on the ground floor or the Porter is always ready to assist if you prefer a first floor room.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland.

Stay Real,
Ryan.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The food at the restaurant was hot, fresh and quite yummy.

I stayed here as a result of a flight being cancelled and the airline concerned arranging overnight accommodation for me and a whole lot of other passengers (!) until a replacement plane could be arranged.....I would stay here again if I was in transit or needed a hotel room prior to a flight.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage ask for a room on the ground floor as there are no lifts to the first f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Ryan S, Ryan - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Kia Ora Jackie,
Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

Delayed or disrupted travel is never much fun but I am delighted we were able to be a little ray of light amongst the frustration. It is so very nice to read that you were impressed by the hotel's facilities and the service from the team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland.

Stay Real,