First of all we had NO idea there was a separate bus/van for transportation to this hotel. After standing out in front of the terminal asking every bus if they went to this hotel and then seeing some of them come around again we decided to go in to the I-site to see if we could get a phone number for the hotel. I had made the reservation from my tablet so no way to print anything out, and I had not thought to write down a phone number, since I had not perceived a problem. Stupid on my part !
Saw a notice for them on the wall of the I-site, it turned out you had to CALL them first to get a pick up. It would have been nice for this information to be on their site or on the email confirming my reservation. I had booked through an agent but still the info could have been on there. Anyway, when I called the two digit number, which can only be called from the free phone in the I-site, they said 20 minutes and where to wait. We walked all the way back to the other end of the terminal and outside to pick up point. (well away from the regular shuttle buses) After half an hour I was getting annoyed no one had come. So went back in and called again, was told 5 minutes this time. Went back to the pick up point, another half hour goes by and still no one. Went back called again and lost it, I told them to cancel my booking we would go elsewhere. The woman on the phone did not bother to inform me I was going to be still be charged for the two nights I had booked.
Even though we were only staying over by 6 hrs after check out time the next day, I had to pay for a second night. IF she had told me this I would have taken a cab to the hotel as I was tired of standing (no place to sit) and it had been 1 1/2 hours by this time after arriving at the terminal.
I booked the Ibis, got on the bus no fuss no muss. However, when I called booking.com to tell them I had cancelled, they called the Kiwi Motel. When they got back to me was when I found out that they were still charging me. Apparently they had already charged my card almost a week before the date of our arrival. After several phone calls back and forth they said they would only charge me for one night. I am still going to contest the charges with my bank. All they had to do was tell me when I called to say I was tired of waiting and wanted to cancel that I would still be charged that would have been fine and I would have taken a cab. Better yet would have been to let people know what the procedure was to procure a ride from the airport and then to show up !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! We're delighted you are considering a stay at the Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel. You'll be pleased you did - Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel located within 5 km to Auckland Airport and 17 km to Auckland City. Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel is the perfect choice for your accommodation needs to catch that early flight, stay after a long flight or visit friends or relatives near Auckland Airport and Manukau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel Mangere
- Kiwi International Airport Mangere
- Hotel Kiwi International Airport
- Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel New Zealand