“Start of our NZ holiday” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Melbourne, Australia
“Start of our NZ holiday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good accommodation, close to airport without being too "close",good for a stopover. A little dated, but very clean and comfortable. Had two nights and loved the restaurant staff. Good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

After landing in auckland at 1am and travelling with a small child, we were very much looking forward to a hot shower and much needed sleep. We contacted the hotel to collect us from the airport for our overnight stay, and were told we would be collected in 15 mins. 45 mins later a dodgy bus turned up! No apology! We were cold and tired. At the hotel, the person who checked us told us they were very busy that weekend, and they had 1 room left, even though we had booked in advance. The room had 1 double bed. Not appropriate for 2 tall adults and and a 4 year old. Chasing the desk clerk back to reception, again showing our booking, we were given a room with enough sleeping space for all. But only 2 towels. After all the stuff ups, we finally got to bed at 3am after a long flight and couldn't wait to check out the next morning. Doesn't seem to matter if you book a room for a family, they will still give you a single room, and tell you they are booked out even if they aren't. Not happy and won't be staying again, even for an overnighter.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 103Happytraveller82
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I thank you for taking your valuable time out and providing such a constructive feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

We would love to have you staying with us on your next visit to Auckland to see what difference your feedback has made to the quality of our guest's experience.

Warm Regards
Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel

Travellers are raving about these Mangere hotels

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Free 24 hour shuttle, close to the airport, free complimentary breakfast (Toast, granola, juice) with the type of room we booked. Staff was helpful. Facility was clean but outdated. Would only stay there again for the same overnight type of situation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Lindsay

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.

We are so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location & Complementary Shuttle Service – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warm regards
Alofi, Niue
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Booked 5 nights @ $505.50 for a Classic Studio and was expecting to get a room like the one in the advertised pictures.It said recently renovated rooms and facilities. We caught the complimentary shuttle from the airport and we arrived around 5pm and were given Rm 323. Very disappointing! It was nothing like the pictures at all. The room had a real damp smell, it was very cold, there were scratches and white patches on the wall above the 3 beds, the curtain was torn, the carpet was old, worn and looked dirty.This was nothing at all like the pictures being advertised. We felt really let down so I complained back to reception and wanted to check out, but the receptionist offered me another room, rm 606 over on the other side of the carpark and entry to room only through sliding doors directly in front of the carpark. This room was 10 times better than the first room, brighter and cleaner, more spacious for the 3 of us with a separate little bedroom and kitchenette. You could tell that 'this' room had been recently renovated. The only heater/ac was in the bedroom though and and no heater in the main part of this room. We tried to warm up the place by opening the bedroom door to let the heat in but it was still cold. My elderly mother was still very cold so I asked for a heater which was given to us. Thank goodness for that heater because it was a very cold night. It was also good that they have a restaurant at the Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel next door, so that we could get something to eat. Meals were very basic and long wait for food to arrive, only one waiter.
The next day we checked out of the Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel and moved to another Hotel.
We have stayed in many hotels and motels all over the world and It's true you get what you pay for but for what I paid and what we got it was really disappointing, However I would like to thank the young lady in reception who helped make our one night there comfortable.
Also a maintenance issue letting you know that the ceiling paint in the shower is peeling off.
People were smoking on the verandah outside our room near the carpark, late into the night and early in the morning.

Room Tip: Room 323 very poor, Room 606 much better Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, Auckland Airport Kiwi Backpac...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Olga W
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest

There is so much learning from your review and I will be sharing this with each member of our team, both for the areas where we were commended for and the occasions where we had scope of improvement.

Many thanks for being our mentor! I could not have found a better member in our consultant’s team to add to our learning curve. It feels like you did this hard task for us as a senior member of our management team. Please accept my sincere gratitude for sharing this with me.

Warm Regards
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Typical airport hotel where stayed after late arrival in Auckland before continuing our trip. You get what you pay for. Clean basic room with AC and outside seating area. Friendly staff at reception and restaurant. Rudimentary breakfast and classic lunch/dinner menu. Free airport shuttle! Good value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kris-Ania
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kris

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.

We are also glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

NZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here the night before a morning flight, as it was easier than battling rush hour Auckland traffic. I also wanted to be able to leave my car somewhere, and this place offered free parking for up to 14 days. I did not have high expectations for this hotel, because it was very cheap ($69 for one night which included breakfast, free parking and shuttle to/from airport). You do get what you pay for. This is not a 5-star hotel, it is basic and so are the rooms. However, my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The walls are paper thin, so although I went to sleep quickly at 11pm, I was woken by the noise of a guest arriving in the room next door at 1am. He then proceeded to have a 30 minute phone conversation, which I could hear!! Every time somebody opened or closed a door in the hallway near my room, it sounded very loud, as if my own door was being banged against. When I arrived at the hotel, nobody offered to carry my heavy suitcase up the stairs (there was no lift). I carried it myself, and saw an empty cigarette packet on the landing, surrounded by dirt, grime and what looked like dead insects. This was gone the next morning, but replaced with freshly spilled tea or coffee, which was a little hazardous since the floor was shiny tiles. I informed the woman at the reception counter when I went back to my room after breakfast, but was dismayed to see that it was still there when I checked out an hour later. Breakfast itself was fine, just toast and cereal, but I was surprised that the only cold drink available was orange juice. I just wanted some cold water, which appeared to be too difficult/expensive to provide?! The airport shuttle service was very good, and only took half the time I was advised. It meant I could have taken the next shuttle, as they run every half hour, but better to be early than late! My car had been moved to the motel next door when I returned 4 days later, and was covered in bird poop, but at least it was still there and undamaged! I would probably stay here again if I was going on a domestic flight, but if I needed to get a decent sleep before/after a long-haul flight, I would not. The walls are too thin and it was difficult to get a restful sleep with all the noise going on, as it is a 24 hour hotel with people coming and going at all hours. The staff were quite friendly for the most part, although some of them looked as though they would rather not be there. The lady on reception was talking to a friend on the phone every single time I came in, which seemed odd and slightly unprofessional. The location is not great, being Mangere, but they can hardly do much about that, as it needs to be close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank honeybumble
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. However, the property you are reviewing does not seem to be our property. I hope this review can be moved to the appropriate property.

Take care and I hope you choose us next time when you are in Auckland.

Warm Regards,
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I left £400 in cash in my hotel room and the manager Shalend called me two days later to tell me it had been found. Incredible. Also very spacious and clean room. Very helpful staff and free shuttle service. Very good value for money and highly recommend. Big thanks to the staff for finding my money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank srchacon
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Srchacon

Thank you for your kind words. It was our duty to honour our valued guest.We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.